• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:38:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 318
Total: 318

shipping===>

Started by Mugwump, January 30, 2014, 06:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...so who's going to be new to shipping fish this year?....anyone?......I think Scott and Willie mentioned giving it a shot.?   With the warmer temps coming up around spring time, it's almost ideal weather to do so....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Last Fall I shipped lots of boxes of Endlers, first time to ever ship fish.  They all traveled well, of course they are tough little fish.  But I sure liked the breather bags I used, they helped make sure the shipments went fine.  I recommend them to everyone who has smallish fish to ship.   They are very strong plastic, took a lot for me to make a hole in one as an experiment.  You can order them at Ken's fish.
Barb

b125killer

I need to get my fish to start spawning again before I can ship anything. I need to figure out what I'm going to do about my water. I have two pairs that spawn but there eggs go bad.   
Scott

PaulineMi

Do you have to use oxygen to ship?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 30, 2014, 08:40:19 AM
Do you have to use oxygen to ship?

It really helps, but I've shipped without it, I need to pick up a tank, etc for this year.....and yep breather bags are nice for certain small fish...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

i want to try shipping this year if i can get everything together to do it

wsantia1

I'm probably going to pass on shipping anything for now but I'll be paying attention to what others do to pick up pointers. :)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..for starters, the USPS flat rate boxes are free......the larger ones are nice....
Jon

Rjb3

The USPS has decided they no longer allow liquid in Priority boxes. At least that was take on it.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 31, 2014, 08:05:10 AM
The USPS has decided they no longer allow liquid in Priority boxes. At least that was take on it.

..it isn't liquid, it's 'live animals'....I'm not sure fish apply there....

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2013/pb22378/html/updt_001.htm
Jon