• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:34:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 247
Total: 247

heaters

Started by Mugwump, January 24, 2014, 08:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Looks like we're going to need to replace some heaters. These are getting older and some aren't keeping up with the chillier temps down there....the ambient room temp drops about 6 deg's during the winter months, in the fishroom.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

When I needed reliable heaters for the pleco tanks I bought some Aqueon heaters from Ken's.  They have proven to be very accurate, and reliable.  Very easy to set-up too.  Perhaps the best part is, all Aqueon heaters are guaranteed for life.  The pricing is very comparable to Jehmco's.

http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/aquarium-heaters/150-watt-aqueon-heater.html

Dennis

b125killer

I like the aqueon heaters. I have had good luck with them. Just don't buy the cheap Chinese heaters off ebay. I made that mistake once. Almost cooked a alot of fish with them. The ones that didn't cook the fish stopped working after a few months. 
Scott

ilroost

I have always used fluval heaters. A bit more expensive, but never have had a problem with them