• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 303
Total: 303

The favorite of all my kids

Started by LizStreithorst, January 20, 2014, 12:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Mama Bear just netted out her favorite fish and took a decent pic of it with both a tape and a coin.  Body is larger than a quarter, right Mug?  Trust me, I've done this lots with Discus.  It does the fish no harm.  I did it this time because I was accused of telling fish tales.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Poor guy....LOL...did you give him a snack for his effort? We believed you, Liz.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The stupid fish is well cared for, you can see it.  I did it no harm. 

Sorry I got my hackles up.  I thought that I had been accused of telling an untruth and after that I couldn't help myself.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 20, 2014, 05:47:03 PM
The stupid fish is well cared for, you can see it.  I did it no harm. 

Sorry I got my hackles up.  I thought that I had been accused of telling an untruth and after that I couldn't help myself.

LOL...relax, you're amongst friends..remember?.....*smooch*....and it's not a stupid fish....it's a key to your future lines ;D.....It does look like the Zebra is in there, if so....Silver, and Zebra, half blacks would be great....then just split the lines down the road.....PB???....I don't think so.....the Zebra brings some great colors too....Franks murky shadow is just a rate of HB expression IMHO,,,not a precursor to lots of hidden genes...if there was a smokey in there...you'd have seen it by now..Smokey expresses in single dose...it's an incomplete dominant...if a gold...you'd see golds by now..gold in double dose would mask the zebra, and likely the HB too...too many bars showing for a stripeless gene too, so it's not a ghost.....you've got a good thing going to work with...really ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Thanks from my fish breeding heart, Mug.  I posted the fish elsewhere because I needed more than, "nice fish".  As far as the genetics of these fish, I've been piddling with them for 6 generations.  If there were gold in there I'd have seen it by now, same with the other rare genes. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 20, 2014, 06:13:43 PM
Thanks from my fish breeding heart, Mug.  I posted the fish elsewhere because I needed more than, "nice fish".  As far as the genetics of these fish, I've been piddling with them for 6 generations.  If there were gold in there I'd have seen it by now, same with the other rare genes.

Yep, you would have ;D.....I just made a post that you might like too....about the term/word epistasis....give it a glance
Jon

LizStreithorst

I read it.  It's a little bit over my head but I mostly get it.  Some things aren't possible with some crosses I think.  What jumped out most to me is that my hb pearl scales don't have the disgusting floppy finnage of the ones he pictured.  Sorry, but my eye was most drawn to that pic.  My hb pearlscales are better. 

In the future I will try to be less needy of validation and trust my eye.  Good to hear that I'm on the right track.