• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:56:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347

The favorite of all my kids

Started by LizStreithorst, January 20, 2014, 12:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

This is a very aggressive fish and IMO has killer finnage and good color.  If I'm seeing wrong please let me know.  The fish will be two months old on the 24th. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Very nice Liz, I could live with a display tank full of those.   ;)

Dennis

LizStreithorst

At what point do the eyes turn red?  Both parents and all their sibs have perfect red eyes.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 20, 2014, 12:54:38 PM
At what point do the eyes turn red?  Both parents and all their sibs have perfect red eyes.

If the other fry have already changed to red eyes, then he's been left out...unless he changes in the next month, or so..??...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

None of the other have red eyes yet.  With all their close relatives red eyed, surely they will change at some point.

Mugwump

Are you sure about the age?.....quarter body size by 2 mos is really good.....1/2 buck???....are the others the same size?
Jon

LizStreithorst

larger than quarter.  not quite half dollars.  Free swimming Nov. 24, 2913.  Not all are that size, but several are.

Mugwump

cool, I get a few real fast growers off certain pairs too......get those separated as the all get bigger, they'll make a nice line.. ;D...great finage too...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I suppose I need to net him out and put him on a damp towel with a tape measure and take a pic.  Perhaps I have hopeful eyes.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 20, 2014, 02:40:07 PM
I suppose I need to net him out and put him on a damp towel with a tape measure and take a pic.  Perhaps I have hopeful eyes.

no need to put the poor fish through that....LOL...a guestimate is fine... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

I and already moistened the towel in tank water and was about to net out the fish when Boozer showed up to fix the roof and put back the ceiling in my fish room that he'd built for me.  I've been waiting months for this.  When I looked at the fish in question after he'd left I saw the truth.  The fish is larger than a quarter by a fair bit, but not close to half dollar.  Sorry.  I didn't mean to tell an untruth.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 20, 2014, 04:06:43 PM
I and already moistened the towel in tank water and was about to net out the fish when Boozer showed up to fix the roof and put back the ceiling in my fish room that he'd built for me.  I've been waiting months for this.  When I looked at the fish in question after he'd left I saw the truth.  The fish is larger than a quarter by a fair bit, but not close to half dollar.  Sorry.  I didn't mean to tell an untruth.

Good heavens, Liz....it's a fish tale... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon