• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 05:22:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 261
Total: 261

Upcoming SWAP's

Started by Mugwump, October 15, 2012, 12:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Oct 21 GCCA auction Chicago
Nov 4 MAS swap Milwaukee
Nov 11th GCCA swap Chicago
Nov 18th QC swap
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

Quote from: Mugwump on October 15, 2012, 12:48:05 PM
Oct 21 GCCA auction Chicago
Nov 4 MAS swap Milwaukee
Nov 11th GCCA swap Chicago
Nov 18th QC swap

Oct. 20 MCCA swap in Mt. Juliet, TN.

http://www.mcaafish.com/MCAAFISH/Welcome.html
Jo

P4Angels

Sore wish we could attend a real swap and not just actions in this area... :'(
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

I hear ya,,,,,GCCA swaps' are just superior to anything that I've seen.....attendance, variety, etc.....too bad some are eggheads with people....LOL...but a good bunch basiclly
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I like the GCCA swap. So much stuff there. it's a good place to find them hard to find fish.
Scott

Barb

Any way we could have a swap here among members?  With an african violet plant forum I am on we do it.  Of course that is just leaves and plants.  Maybe some other way to trade fish or fish equipment among us?
Barb

Mugwump

Mug-Mart.......you can do all that there....
Jon

Jdmcfast

I'm up for it, some trading sounds like fun:))

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Josh

Frank The Plumber

Can you post more details on the Quad Cities swap Jon?
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

The QC swap isn't a large one, Frank....about 15-20 vendors, at best...But Bob and Gale told us of the nice folks there..and they weren't wrong. I just looked and there are 6 signed up so far....LOL...you'd like it..lots of chatter and some good cichlid, BN, breeders too....but it can get Angel heavy real quick.... 8)...Joel came to a couple, and Aron and Lori used to go when they lived out that way....
here's the link...
http://qcfishkeepers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5102
Jon

Frank The Plumber

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Ron Sower

Quote from: P4Angels on October 15, 2012, 02:07:15 PM
Sore wish we could attend a real swap and not just actions in this area... :'(

Aron,
You think you and I could pull off organizing one here? 
Actually last year we did have a swap meet at one club meeting.  We could push for that again.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels

So Saturday is our first official Seattle Area Aquarium SWAP (SAAS).  Lori and I have been getting our dry goods ready and counting the number of finned kids we can live with out.   I forgot how much work this is.  ;D

Saturday morning is going to have to be an early one.  Wish Jon was gonna be here  :'(  to help bag and zip tie them shut...., but I will make due i guess????? When we get there I will have my comic relief with Ron almost as much fun. 8) [size=78%] [/size]

???  SAAS has a total of 10 tables spoken for and maybe more before it said and done, not bad for our first go around.   Plan is to have the next one in March and again in September.  Lessons learned will apply for the next 2. 
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Good luck....have fun....I'll bag a few for ya too....
Jon

Ron Sower

Tomorrow's the big day!  Aron, are you and Lori ready yet? 

I'm going up to storage today and start pulling stuff out...That is, if Linda let's me quit painting those blasted kitchen cabinets long enough! 

I've sent personal emails out to all I know to send to, kept posting on our FB page and the local forum.  Any other ideas from the "mugwumpers'' of what last minute promoting we could do?  You guys were a big help in us getting started in this.   Tanks!

Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron