• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:48:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 330
Total: 330

Black Veils

Started by Mugwump, January 12, 2014, 12:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Yeppers, I believe they may be....should be about 10-12 months old??....I sold the parents in the spring/late spring????? I saved a half dozen, or so, for Jan....she likes them. ;D...look at pic #2 , if you'll notice the flash doesn't pick up any underlying bars...that's because it's D/D S/S.......black velvet,,,
some are D/+ S/S..black 'Turq's....check yours, I know a couple of std veils popped out of that spawn to...but big veiled for std..pretty....a streaked gene may pop out of this line too....

The parents were D/g S/S - D/g S/+....they produced
12.50%   D/D - S/+ Black(dd) Ghost
12.50%   D/D - S/S Black(dd) Velvet
25.00%   D/g - S/+ Hybrid Black Ghost
25.00%   D/g - S/S Hybrid Black Velvet
12.50%   g/g - S/+ Gold Ghost
12.50%   g/g - S/S Gold Blushing

That same pic doesn't pick up a gold sheen either....altho some may carry it still, likely the 'Turqs' , the D/g S/S...called velvet above because the gold is recessive and isn't expressing. Gold was introduced to black breeding years ago to make them less deleterious, thus providing stronger fry.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 12, 2014, 04:08:34 PM
Yeppers, I believe they may be....should be about 10-12 months old??....I sold the parents in the spring/late spring????? I saved a half dozen, or so, for Jan....she likes them. ;D...look at pic #2 , if you'll notice the flash doesn't pick up any underlying bars...that's because it's D/D S/S.......black velvet,,,
some are D/+ S/S..black 'Turq's....check yours, I know a couple of std veils popped out of that spawn to...but big veiled for std..pretty....a streaked gene may pop out of this line too....

The parents were D/g S/S - D/g S/+....they produced
12.50%   D/D - S/+ Black(dd) Ghost
12.50%   D/D - S/S Black(dd) Velvet
25.00%   D/g - S/+ Hybrid Black Ghost
25.00%   D/g - S/S Hybrid Black Velvet
12.50%   g/g - S/+ Gold Ghost
12.50%   g/g - S/S Gold Blushing

That same pic doesn't pick up a gold sheen either....altho some may carry it still, likely the 'Turqs' , the D/g S/S...called velvet above because the gold is recessive and isn't expressing. Gold was introduced to black breeding years ago to make them less deleterious, thus providing stringer fry.

You must have read my mind.  I was thinking about the genotype for these just a minute ago.  I think I see a little gold sheen at times. I thought it was my eyes playing trick on me again.  LOL.  Anyway I love these guys too. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

JR

I like them alot very nice Jon
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Them are some good pics Jon. Who took them? I like the black velvet.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on January 12, 2014, 08:36:23 PM
Them are some good pics Jon. Who took them? I like the black velvet.

T'was me....LOL...forty two million shots an I got a few right....there's hope...LOL
Jon