• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 03:20:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 269
Total: 269

Black Veils

Started by Mugwump, January 12, 2014, 12:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We've been growing these out for a bit now...they're in a 55gal to pair off...also, in there are (2) F2 Manacapuru....a mixed pair will yield all Silver lace...a sibling spawn from there will get us fortified DD's with the wild blood...plus preserve the a good body shape and thickness. This will be Jan's project....we're just waiting on the 'love machines' to hook up.. ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

--more---

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They make my heart go pit a pat.  The fish are lovely.  Jan has a long row to hoe.  Keep us informed of how the project progresses.  I want to see this work in progress as it unfolds.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

WOW!!!!!!   Those are beautiful!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Do these have a good red eye?  It's hard to tell from the pic.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 12, 2014, 01:06:39 PM

Yes'm......the most beautiful red eyes... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on January 12, 2014, 01:07:56 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 12, 2014, 01:06:39 PM

Yes'm......the most beautiful red eyes... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You tease.  I don't drool often but when I drool, I DROOL.   Pics and updates often, please.

wiggs

I`m glad that I made you drool Liz, We have to get these to pair up first. I saved these from getting sold because of their veils, which I love.    I keep telling Jon that they look like they`re all females, I was wanting to breed the blacks together . He said put in some wilds and if they mate, we will have black lace, then breed those together and get double blacks with a wild gene to make them stronger.
Jan

LizStreithorst

To me, the second pic looks like a fish full of eggs with a breeding tube coming down.  The fish in the first pics looks female to me, but I am often wrong. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 12, 2014, 02:11:51 PM
To me, the second pic looks like a fish full of eggs with a breeding tube coming down.  The fish in the first pics looks female to me, but I am often wrong.

Bingo !!!....May have to toss a proven male in there to see....I think that there's at least one male, perhaps two.....we'll see.....the ladies want to dance, but who goes going to ask her?????
Jon

LizStreithorst

Of course I'll want to see pics of the male(s).

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 12, 2014, 02:45:39 PM
Of course I'll want to see pics of the male(s).

Pic #1 is a suspect.....pic #3 on the right is another....
Jon

LizStreithorst

The pic in the first pic could be.  I can't tell the first thing from the second pics.  I need a good pic from the side even to be able to guess.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 12, 2014, 02:55:36 PM
The pic in the first pic could be.  I can't tell the first thing from the second pics.  I need a good pic from the side even to be able to guess.

LOL...good luck....took me a gazillion shots to get those ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 12, 2014, 12:46:21 PM
We've been growing these out for a bit now...they're in a 55gal to pair off...also, in there are (2) F2 Manacapuru....a mixed pair will yield all Silver lace...a sibling spawn from there will get us fortified DD's with the wild blood...plus preserve the a good body shape and thickness. This will be Jan's project....we're just waiting on the 'love machines' to hook up.. ;D

Those are real sweet Jon & Jan.  Are they any kin to the black veils I got from you?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.