• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:23:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156

Is this normal?

Started by LizStreithorst, October 31, 2012, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have 4 Angels making runs up the cone.  One is a female and the 3 others are males.  I've never seen Discus do it this way.  I've seen 2 females laying by themselves.  I've seen 2 females and a male making goo goo eyes at the cone and doing all the other fishy foreplay, but once they get down to it it is always one male and one female making runs.  Is what I'm seeing normal for Angels?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I've had some love triangles and a couple of quadrangles...LOL...it's usually juvies, or first time pairings happening...but not always....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Well, ain't that something.  I've never see such.  All 4 are adults. 2 have been parents before, 2 have not.  She is still making runs.   The three males are driving everyone else off.  This is in a community tank of Angels and Discus.  My kH is too high for the eggs to hatch.  That is a good thing.  I really don't want to breed Angels.  I don't have the passion for them.  I'll hang on and wait for my recalcitrant Discus.

Mugwump

LOL..it's an orgy,Liz....don't watch too long...you'll go blind...hehe
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Dang!  I didn't know the repercussions.  I'll go do my WC now and not look.

Ron Sower

Hmmmm....  Is this like Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron