• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:15:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 338
Total: 338

Anyone dig out yet..?

Started by Mugwump, January 05, 2014, 05:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 05, 2014, 12:12:27 PM
You are good hearted gentlemen.  Mug, get the snow blower for next year.  Think of how much easier you could make it for old people who shouldn't be shoveling due to their health. 

LOL...next year at this time, I'll be almost 70....and I'll likely say the hell with it, and shovel anyway.... ;D....but...maybe not?...after all we finally broke down and got a self propelled lawn mower this year....sheesh....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on January 05, 2014, 12:32:10 PM
Getting hammered here. Blowing and drifting like crazy, it's over the hood of my pickup. Was going to go to Carthage Missouri today to load and deliver in Chattanooga Tennesse. Ain't gonna happen.Went out to feed the goats, hell they wouldn't even come out to eat. They looked at me like i was crazy

Yep, it's not real pretty out there....and it's going to get worse, before better......hunker down..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2014, 12:36:49 PM
You are good hearted gentlemen.  Mug, get the snow blower for next year.  Think of how much easier you could make it for old people who shouldn't be shoveling due to their health. 

LOL...next year at this time, I'll be almost 70....and I'll likely say the hell with it, and shovel anyway.... ;D....but...maybe not?...after all we finally broke down and got a self propelled lawn mower this year....sheesh....

But you are fit.  Not all old people are fit.  Just think, you could may be save some guy from a heart attack.  Think about it. 

As for the lawn, I prefer to push.  Pushing the mower gives me joy.   I have a lovely mower.  It's a DR.  It's the middle priced one because it's a push rather than self propelled.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 05, 2014, 12:48:27 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2014, 12:36:49 PM

But you are fit.  Not all old people are fit.  Just think, you could may be save some guy from a heart attack.  Think about it. 

As for the lawn, I prefer to push.  Pushing the mower gives me joy.   I have a lovely mower.  It's a DR.  It's the middle priced one because it's a push rather than self propelled.

We found the mower at a garage sale(Deere) and couldn't pass it up....price was right and the hill in the back yard was getting old....LOL...the old mower was given to #2 son to putz with...it did groan a lot after all these years ;D..but ran decent
Jon

Mugwump

Hey Willie..........guess what?...........it's snowing here again....LOL...and that blasted wind is a howling.........'the hawk is out'........
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2014, 02:22:13 PM
Hey Willie..........guess what?...........it's snowing here again....LOL...and that blasted wind is a howling.........'the hawk is out'........

Yeah,  I probably am going to hit the snow one more time again.  Just taking care of my snow now.  I'm tired.  Had plans to rearrange fish to open a 55 for grow out but that will have to wait.  I was going to take 2 pairs that I have in a 55 and move them into 29s, but those 29s are occupied so I have to move those fish first. Oh, well, I won't be doing much tomorrow at 20 degrees below zero.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Be safe out there, my friend......that cold will bite ya....
Jon

JR

It has been almost 40 all day and rain. Hate to see tomorrow will be all ice.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2014, 03:37:41 PM
Be safe out there, my friend......that cold will bite ya....

It bit and I came back in.  Not snowing but the high winds and drifting snow was just to much for me right now.  There's nothing I can do about drifting snow anyway.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

LOL.....I went out earlier and chopped/shoveled and swore at the mess the plow threw up on the front walk.....but, it's done now....and like you said ...the wind is howling/temps dropping/getting dark....screw it.....LOL....what happens..happens......thank heavens for garages, huh? ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

That's one of the things I like about living down in the boondocks.....  no sidewalks.  As long as I know the kids aren't coming over I don't shovel the drive.  If I need out the Isuzu will plow right through it.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Been watching all the news about your weather back there, guys. Not good and you still have some coming.  Keep your chins up.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron