• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:50:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 318
Total: 318

Home, Sweet Home

Started by BallAquatics, January 04, 2014, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Mugwump

L183 ??????.... 'Starlight'..??....congrat's !!!!!!!!!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Thanks Jon.  He's just taken up residence.  I think they are still too young to spawn.

Dennis

ilroost

BillT

BallAquatics

Quote from: BillT on January 04, 2014, 06:15:10 PM
Nice tail!

Yea, I'm really loosing it with all this picture taking..... LOL

Dennis

PaulineMi

That's another cool picture.  Keep 'em coming.  ;)

Dennis, I take pictures of my fish almost every day.  I usually go through the species and photo sections when I want to post them.  Sometimes I see that I just posted pix of the same fish a couple of weeks prior.  There are times I have to practice some self control and not post.  Other times I just can't help it and up goes the pix.  Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Thanks Pauline.  Maybe we should have a board called "Photo Workshop" and we can use the date for the topic and then just post photos daily until we both drop.  LOL  LOL

I really do think taking photos every day is the best way to get better.

Dennis

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

BillT

I have a bunch of tail shots of Danios. It happens when they turn away just before I take a picture.
We could make a tail section of your "photo workshop" board.

LizStreithorst

Dennis, the pic turned me on so much that I had to look up this pleco.  I read this:  http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=221  Do your fish conform to the identification part?  These pleco's are stunning.  The only other pleco that has turned me on is the Zebra that is not worth bothering with because they hide all the time.

I'm all hot for some of these.  Please tell me they don't spend all their time hiding like Zebras do.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

I'm with Liz on this one, maybe more so.  There are some truly beautiful plecos out there.  I just hate that they are either frequently or always hiding.  I accidentally killed a big fully bristled bristlenose that was hiding so well in a piece of driftwood I didn't see him.  :(  I have two approximately 10 year old clown plecos that I've seen maybe three or four times ever. 

Plecos are good looking fish that I can't help but admire though.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 05, 2014, 02:16:58 PM
I'm with Liz on this one, maybe more so.  There are some truly beautiful plecos out there.  I just hate that they are either frequently or always hiding.  I accidentally killed a big fully bristled bristlenose that was hiding so well in a piece of driftwood I didn't see him.  :(  I have two approximately 10 year old clown plecos that I've seen maybe three or four times ever. 

Plecos are good looking fish that I can't help but admire though.

Some tend to be more timid than others.....but the 'hiders' are darn good at it...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I still have plecos missing.  I think they are dead but I can't find the bodies inside or outside of the tank.  When I put out the zuchinni MOST will come calling but never all.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

GeorgeG

Liz my Starlights are always hiding I hardy ever seen them. I go mine from John, Snookin