• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:59:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,316
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 234
Total: 235

Devario assamensis

Started by BallAquatics, December 31, 2013, 03:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Remember those Devario assamensis fry that BillT sent me back on October 28.....

Well they are 2 months old and growing like weeds.

They are around 1.5 inches long and starting to show color.  As they mature the stripes should turn red in color.

I had a group of these several years back, but lost them to summer heat in the fish room.  They come from a mountainous region in India and require cooler water temperatures.

Thanks Bill   ;D ;D ;D

Dennis

PaulineMi

Those guys grow fast! Do they have a short life span?  They're pretty fish.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

raven_wilde

Beautiful! I can't wait to see them in their full adult colors. How big do they top out at?
I am a dirt worshiping, planted tank lover - I keep/breed freshwater nano-fishes: danios & rasboras but I also have a soft spot for polypterids. Life is complicated like that. I blog about the hobby at http://aqua.ravenwilde.net

b125killer

There grown up. ;D they are pretty fish.
Scott

BallAquatics

They will grow to be 31/2 - 4 inches long.  I'm not sure just how long they live, but I would guess 5+ years.

Dennis

BillT

They are looking good Dennis!

My adults are at least two years old.
It looks like they are now about 4" long but it real difficult to get a rule near they. They are very flighty.
They like to hang out together in a tight school, 8 fish within about a 6" ball.

BallAquatics

PaulineMi

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 31, 2013, 04:56:33 PM
They will grow to be 31/2 - 4 inches long.  I'm not sure just how long they live, but I would guess 5+ years.

Dennis

I love that picture.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

I agree Pauline..it's a unique shot.....pretty
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Thanks Pauline & Jon.  I hope I don't bore you folks to death with my photos, but I've decided the only way I'm going to get better is to keep practicing.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 01, 2014, 09:47:09 AM
Thanks Pauline & Jon.  I hope I don't bore you folks to death with my photos, but I've decided the only way I'm going to get better is to keep practicing.

Dennis

Works for me...keep em coming.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I like seeing pictures of people's fish and tanks. Never tire of it.

raven_wilde

Yep... I never get sick of looking at pictures of tanks and fish either :)

Does make me want to get a better camera though.
I am a dirt worshiping, planted tank lover - I keep/breed freshwater nano-fishes: danios & rasboras but I also have a soft spot for polypterids. Life is complicated like that. I blog about the hobby at http://aqua.ravenwilde.net