• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 01:28:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 150
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 172
Total: 172

All set up

Started by Owl307, December 28, 2013, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owl307

Got a 30g set up for that pair today, contemplating when to move them in. It's bare bottom with a few plastic plants for comfort, a few slates and a black background. Once they are in they will be getting some Goode feeding a of live blacks worms  :D I think that should get a nice spawn from them huh? ::) we'll see I suppose. It's got a cycled sponge filter so I could add them today when the temp is right... When do u think I should move em???
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Mugwump

Sounds good, just check the water parameters for nitrites/nitrates, etc....if all's good and the temp is right...go for it....question tho, why so many slates? One is fine, normally....you don't want to give her too many choices...LOL..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Owl307

I like giving them choices lol, it looks barren without anything in there! Plus it gives them spots to move wigglers to lol.Do you think I should take the extras out? I'll check the Params tonight around seven tonight :)

Mugwump

LOL.... Whatever works for you....when I think of giving a lady choices, I think back to the times when I had to tag along and watch my Mom, and sisters, buy shoes........it was the longest day of my life, for sure. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

adding....next swap get some Anubias from Mark...they love those broad leaves...don't get the real big oness tho...the med/sm ones do well in a pot for your pair(s) tank(s)...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Owl307

::) makes sense! Lol but idk if shoes are comparable to slate for a fish, that's giving them to many yummy food choices at once haha. Do the Anubias  do ok with just a regular tank light?

Mugwump

Quote from: Owl307 on December 28, 2013, 05:50:14 PM
::) makes sense! Lol but idk if shoes are comparable to slate for a fish, that's giving them to many yummy food choices at once haha. Do the Anubias  do ok with just a regular tank light?

Yes, they do real well with medium light...worst scenario is to get a 'daylight' bulb...ours do great with these...
Jon

Owl307

im still not sure about moving them tonight. originally when the spawn was gone and there were no other angels in the tank they seemed depressed and not too lively but when i placed another angel in they perked up again. will they be depressed if they are alone but in a diff tank?? i probably sound crazy lol

Mugwump

They should get over it.....no hurry to move them, any time's ok, if tank is ready,,
Jon

b125killer

Sounds like your good to go. Some times when I move a pair they get skittish and hide. But they come around. Mark will also ship plants if your in a hurry.  I just send him a email of what I want and he says if he has it or not. He'll even recommend different plants if he's out of what you want.
Scott

Owl307

here are the results as of 9:12 tonight-
ph 7.4
ammonia 0ppm
nitrite 0ppm
nitrate 0ppm

is it safe to say i can move them into their new digs tonight?

do you have his email?

Owl307

as of 9:24 tonight everything is the same except for nitrites which have risen to .50 ppm
-the fish will not go in tonight until that is cleared up, i will add some cultured aqaurium water to the tank and see what it reads tomorrow morning

b125killer

Here is the post with pics of the plants I ordered from Mark. Everything but the Narrow Leaf Ludwigia made it.
http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php?topic=2155.0

Email: bxdragon1@hotmail.com
Facebook: Mark of Excellence Aquatics
Mark is also on the forum, not to sure how much. bxdragon1
Scott

Owl307

thanks! i sent him an email and he says he has what I need! thanks again for his email! i'll post the params of the tank a little later when i test the water again :)

Mugwump

Quote from: Owl307 on December 29, 2013, 08:50:22 AM
thanks! i sent him an email and he says he has what I need! thanks again for his email! i'll post the params of the tank a little later when i test the water again :)

Mark has excellent plants ;D...he sets up at GCCA too...the last two swaps, he was right across from us.....I thought that you got something then ?????
Jon

Owl307

Quote from: Mugwump on December 29, 2013, 08:53:57 AM
Quote from: Owl307 on December 29, 2013, 08:50:22 AM

Mark has excellent plants ;D...he sets up at GCCA too...the last two swaps, he was right across from us.....I thought that you got something then ?????

nope, i almost never get live plants??? i had success with amazons but when i tried to switch its tank it never came back...