• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:34:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 315
Total: 315

$1 per gallon sale

Started by P4Angels, December 26, 2013, 10:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sschind

Quote from: Mugwump on December 27, 2013, 02:22:54 PM
While they may be cheap dollar wise, and have a wider frame....they are really durable tanks..

I'm sure they are I just don't like the bulky looks of the frames and like wasantia1 says I don't like the Perfecto lids at all. 
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on December 31, 2013, 07:39:34 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 27, 2013, 02:22:54 PM
While they may be cheap dollar wise, and have a wider frame....they are really durable tanks..

I'm sure they are I just don't like the bulky looks of the frames and like wasantia1 says I don't like the Perfecto lids at all.

I completely understand.....I get my lids cut over at 'Gordon's Ace Hardware'...for a 20H, it costs me about $10, or less...caulk a cabinet knob on it and I'm good to go.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

hmmm Well as it is Angelman and I just created lids for several of our tanks today and you know those hooks that have the peel and stick backs...we picked some up at the dollar tree for $1 for 9 of them....and as it just so happens...we will be doing a few more tomorrow with a video to go with it

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on December 31, 2013, 09:39:14 PM
hmmm Well as it is Angelman and I just created lids for several of our tanks today and you know those hooks that have the peel and stick backs...we picked some up at the dollar tree for $1 for 9 of them....and as it just so happens...we will be doing a few more tomorrow with a video to go with it

Nice, those would work as well...but I'm leery of them coming off after getting wet too many times..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Seen this on facebook. Thought I would share it.
Scott

Mugwump

Interesting....disposable tanks?? ;D...don't clean it, toss it, and grab another ;D......?????
Jon

BallAquatics

Obviously these sales have proven profitable for the stores.  If the switch affects the bottom line, they will no doubt switch back to the Aqueon tanks, if not.....

Dennis

sschind

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 14, 2014, 11:19:54 AM
Obviously these sales have proven profitable for the stores.  If the switch affects the bottom line, they will no doubt switch back to the Aqueon tanks, if not.....

Dennis

I don't know for sure but since Tetra and Perfecto are owned by the same company I thought maybe the new Tetra tanks were simply re branded Perfectos.  I didn't think the Perfectos were that much lesser quality than the Aqueon however.  Its also possible they went with a cheaper manufacturer but I'm not sure why they would do that if they already had an in house manufacturer. 

Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB