• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 311
Total: 312

Xmas day and all is well..

Started by Mugwump, December 25, 2013, 01:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

It's peaceful here today. The fish got a Christmas day water change, and we're lounging around.
The boys, families, the G'kids are all home playing with toys. We may stop by some friends later, and chat a bit..?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It's been a rough day around here. My wife found out that her cousin has passed away from pancreatic cancer this morning. Then after we get back from my family's we found out that are furnace has stopped working. I tried cleaning the flame sensor and thermal coupler. I think it's a bad control board. I haven't found much help online. I'll have to call the repair man in the morning.  For now we're useing space heaters.  The sad thing is two spaces heaters keep my house around 71 degrees.  I think the warmest room in the house now is the fish room.
Scott

P4Angels2

Our fish room always runs in the 80's and the rest of the house is cooler!

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on December 25, 2013, 07:43:55 PM
It's been a rough day around here. My wife found out that her cousin has passed away from pancreatic cancer this morning. Then after we get back from my family's we found out that are furnace has stopped working. I tried cleaning the flame sensor and thermal coupler. I think it's a bad control board. I haven't found much help online. I'll have to call the repair man in the morning.  For now we're useing space heaters.  The sad thing is two spaces heaters keep my house around 71 degrees.  I think the warmest room in the house now is the fish room.

Look for the fuse(s)???..has to be at least one and/or a breaker....sometimes on a separate panel or even on the furnace...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Just checked it. It has power its just not doing anything. I was thinking it might be the thermostat upstairs.  But I can get the blower to run from that. So I'm not sure.
Scott

Mugwump

Probably the thermocouple....you can jump that but if you do, get it fixed tomorrow. We had one go one winter...jumped it and had to run it that way for a few days before they could get here....it'll run normally, thermostat and all.......but..then we just went and got a new furnace and Air, etc....
Jon

b125killer

We have heat. It was the pressure switch. That was one present I didn't want on Christmas.  Now I have to get ready for one more Christmas dinner.  This time I get to host.  I'm getting tired of this Christmas. 
Scott

Mugwump

..glad you all are ok now, with the furnace....chow down and then nap out in the fishroom....LOL
Jon