• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 06:47:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 134
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 144
Total: 145

Fingers crossed!

Started by DylanJkfish, December 24, 2013, 12:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DylanJkfish

The koi I got from Jon have finally started to pair up.
Ive got one pair so far thats been teasing me for the past week with slightly lowered tubes, lots of cleaning, and a very fat female!

Hoping for their first spawn really soon :D

Mugwump

That would be a nice Christmas present ;D.....feed em some more hi-protein food. bloodworms,etc, and do a cool water change....boomba...they'll be off....good luck Dylan....I have two pairs of parent raisers from the same spawn... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

DylanJkfish

Well the magic has happened :D not sure when last night but so far there is only 1 white egg.

I will upload pictures of the pair ad their spawn later today!

P4Angels

CONGRATS!!!!! cant wait to see the Pic's

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

b125killer

Scott

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

DylanJkfish

They are doing an amazing job. The are cleaning away any white eggs and will not allow the other fish past a certain point in the tank.

DylanJkfish

first 3 are the female

DylanJkfish

DylanJkfish

heres the pair together

DylanJkfish

daddy caring for the eggs

DylanJkfish

other side of the male. Hes my favorite in th tank!

DylanJkfish

DylanJkfish

just a close up of the spawn

Mugwump

Very nice....they may parent raise...do you have another tank to move the others to...??..You'll likely need a tank for them too.....LOL....an idea...got a divider?....that would do it until everyone could be moved are re-homed..
Jon