• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 01:42:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

Moving the Pairs

Started by LizStreithorst, December 15, 2013, 05:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have moved 8 of the HB pairs to a 100 gallon.  The other 4 are in a Discus tank which is warmer so I have to wait a bit longer for the temps to be equal enough to move.  Another degree will do it.  It's fun watching what's going on so far.  Sometimes they are checking each other out, sometimes my number 1 pair takes over almost 1/2 the tank and claims it is their own. 

Next weekend I'll move my fry which will be 4 weeks old to a larger tank.  They're in a 20.  Not sure whether to move them into a 60 wide where they will be too few but where they can live for a long time or into a 29 from which they will have to be moved from in another few weeks but is right for them now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Well, you know that your #1 pair has bonded....nice.

As for the peas/nickles......how many total are there??...If you have more than one per gallon, I've done it.....just make sure they all find food....I start training them early by tapping the baster on the rim...soon all have to do is tap tap, and they're there.....LOL...it's like a roll call. ;D..but I know they all get food.....later, like most, angels/fish...they'll swarm when they see you coming..younger ones just sometimes need a dinner bell for a bit... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson