• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:44:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 234
Total: 234

Cold water change...

Started by Mugwump, December 04, 2013, 02:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on December 16, 2013, 08:41:05 PM
....how are yours doing Dennis...get any count yet? and....do you have Albinos in there?...

I think I have lost all of mine.   :(

I think next time I'm going to set-up a bare bottom tank to spawn the fish in.  Yes, they are albino Corydoras aeneus.  I was trying to chat with a friend at the GCAS auction and bid all at once....  I thought the auction was for albino busy nose plecos.  We were so busy talking I didn't even give them the once over after winning the auction - just strait into the cooler.  Imagine my surprise when I was unpacking my bounty back at home!!!

I've never really been a cory fan, but these have started to grow on me.  They seem so happy all the time.  Eager little eaters, and they get so excited when I give them frozen blood worms.  This could be the start of something.....

Dennis

Mugwump

That's too bad, about losing them...keep looking, there may be a survivor, or two...?
I roll the eggs off into a small paper cup, you'll get the hang of it, and put them in a 2 1/2 gal to raise...LOL..eggs are really sticky....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Not the best pics..but they do show most of them....the lump on the bottom is a swarm of Walter worms...they snack on them during the day....I count about 29-30..not that many showing in the pics tho

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Sorry to hear you lost yours Dennis.   :(

Looks like you have a healthy lot Jon.  Nice.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Thanks Pauline, it's hard lessons learned when dealing with living creatures.  I'm going to get Jon to tutor me on all things spawning Corydoras catfish!

Yours are looking great Jon.  From what I've read, they grown very quickly.

Dennis

Mugwump

Yes, fairly quick...I'll move them from here, in a few days, to a 10gal with small BN fry.....they'll out grow the BN fry fast....then on to a bigger tank....the previous 15 ,or so, are the ones you now see in the new 125 set up....they're about 1 1/2 mos. old......these will likely join them in a couple/few weeks???...they'll love that sand for foraging, and really take off growing.... ;D Most of these will end up spread around the room, with the older retiree's going to the 110 gal..or with mellow angel pairs.

Jon

BallAquatics

What type are yours?  They look very dark compared to mine.

Dennis

Mugwump

Pretty much a std cory, but with long fins....some even have a caudal fin that looks like a lyre tail on a sword/Platy
Jon

BillT

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the fish Dennis.

BallAquatics

Thanks Bill.  It's my own fault....  I should have done a bit of research before hand.   :-[

Dennis

b125killer

Sorrry to hear about the loss Dennis. I was looking forward to more pictures too. Your so good at capturing the details of such small fry. Jon yours are looking good. Maybe one day I'll try and breed my albino cories. I don't have a clue what they need.
Scott

BallAquatics

Thanks Scott.  With a bit of luck I'll have some more before too long.   :)

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 19, 2013, 04:54:05 AM
Thanks Scott.  With a bit of luck I'll have some more before too long.   :)

Dennis

You can count on that, Dennis...once the pods start to get going well, the fry will be there... 
Jon

Mugwump

Here's one of the pods.....lov'n their #40....

Jon

wsantia1

Well today I noticed 14 Cory eggs in my 12 gallon acrylic tank that currently houses 2 albino aeneus, 1 panda and 1 sterbai cories along with 15 Mana x that are 10 days old.

The eggs were scattered along the front of the glass.  I took a picture of a 4 egg cluster.  I don't know which cory laid the eggs and I may have some hybrid thing going on but I'll get to the bottom of it. 

This is really a QT tank that I never pulled the cories from.  They are doing quite well feeding on cory pellets and bbs.

Sorry for the lousy picture. LOL ;D   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.