• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 05:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 315
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 315
Total: 316

125 new home...

Started by Mugwump, November 30, 2013, 04:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...we got a wood base/footing for the tank to sit upon...shimmed and level...hung a light, ran power over there.....three sponges ready, and a 40 gal hob for debris, added circulation......ran the air line over too.....heaters are ready....just need a tank. ;D....considered bare bottom, but decided to perhaps use a light layer of sand, that way we can grow out cory's in there to.......?? or mix a little sand with pea gravel and add some rocks/wood..then grow out some BN's too....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

WOW, what did you clean that glass with Jon!!!    :P :P :P

Dennis

P4Angels2

he must have used the new "glass" fish!!!!

Mugwump

There's chance that we'll pick it tomorrow???      ;D   
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

Okay its tomorrow where are the new pics.   LOL
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on December 01, 2013, 02:22:32 PM
Okay its tomorrow where are the new pics.   LOL

Well it's home. ;D A big thank you to Scott, Steve, my son Matt, and, of course, my lovely bride for all their help and support. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

We partially filled it and scrubbed off the dust and a few water marks, wiped the outside down, drained it and checked the caulk etc. all was good except part of one seam which looked scraped  and rough..so I cleaned it off and re-caulked to be safe...it was likely still good, it's best to not take chances.....when I fill it again to finish cleaning and such, I'll check them again to be sure all's ok...

then a test run..then drain and peroxide flush and wipe real well....fill and toss in seeded sponges...run and then toss in a few culls.....then test and watch....couple days should do it...some where in there, I'll clean the sand up and get some tank rock from the 75 gal...I figure sand at both ends with a pea gravel center area....some rock, maybe a coupled planted pots..??

Anyway it'll be a work in progress for a 4-5 days...and then likely done all over again...LOL

Jon

P4Angels

Contgrats  ;) ....  Your hard work will pay you dividends once you have it completed.  Great job and keep the photo's coming with your progress...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

P4Angels2

b125killer

Your Welcome Jon. I'm always more than happy to help you guy's. It was a fun day. Got to see some of Steve's nice Reptile. They look so cool. And the tank wasn't as hard to get into Jon's basement as I was thinking. Here is a pic of Jon and Jan cleaning there new tank. they were so busy cleaning. ;D
Scott

sschind

Thanks again Jon and Jan and Scott for the help.,  You shouldn't have any problems.  The tank was holding water when we picked it up so you precautions should do the trick.

Hope you get many nice babies out of it.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

PaulineMi

That looks really nice. Am looking forward to following your progress with this tank.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on December 01, 2013, 10:54:04 PM
Thanks again Jon and Jan and Scott for the help.,  You shouldn't have any problems.  The tank was holding water when we picked it up so you precautions should do the trick.

Hope you get many nice babies out of it.

Thanks Steve, I feel like a kid at Christmas. I guess that I'll never lose the joy of getting new things, and starting new projects, in the fish room.
Jon

BallAquatics

Lookin' good Jon.   ;D

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

A little progress report....

...got her cleaned again...filled, three sponges and a mid size hob filter, plus a seasoned HOT mag...heater's setup....squeezed a large sponge in there too...added a bit of seasoned floss to the hob filter....no leaks, everything looks good...I'm going back down now to check parameters..

Jon