• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 11:37:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 221
Total: 222

More Sick Angels!

Started by b125killer, November 28, 2013, 03:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I never thought of that, Barb.  You are absolutely right
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I have been using API Stress Coat plus. But that might explain why the nitrite is 0. The nitrate is 10ppm to 20ppm the colors are to close for me to tell apart. do you think I should go back to the normal water changes? Then I can start to use aged water.
Scott

b125killer

Thanks everyone for all your help. It's a good feeling to know I have friends that can help when I have problems.
I didn't do a water change on Friday. On Saturday I did a 90% water change with aged water. Today I tested the water. Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5. ppm that makes me happy. Also what angels are left are doing better. I think the worst is over. I managed to save my St. Isabel/Rio Negro that was from the first successful spawn I had. A pb blue that I spwaned. and the female He. everyone else has passed on. I lost 5 breeder angels out of that tank. and two cory's now the tank looks so empty. :(  My parents stopped by yesterday with a gift for me they got me 2 marble angels. I have them and a few cory's in the Q.T. tank for now. I like that they where thinking of me but I wish they would of waited. I told them I didn't like to get fish from the lfs. also I don't have a tank to put them in yet. But I do have the sacrificial lambs to put into the big tank when there ready ;D

He is still infected but looks so much better

pb blue

Het everything.

New marbles from my parents. There not happy about being in a ten gallon tank. but I have been bit to many times not to Q.T. new fish
Scott

Mugwump

Happy to hear that you've turned the corner on all this....regular water changes sound good to me...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Great to hear things are better Scott.  That was very thoughtful of your parents. :)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm sorry you've had to go through this, Scott.  I know how much it hurts.

The fish your parents gave you look very nice to my eye.  You'll have to take the plunge and introduce them to the other Angels at some point, but we'll cross that bridge later.

PaulineMi

That was kind of your parents and they have good taste.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 08, 2013, 04:55:34 PM
That was kind of your parents and they have good taste.

Now I know where Scott inherited his good taste from...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Thanks everyone. They did do good for not knowing to much about fish. My mom wanted to put 5 Synodontis Eupterus in there 36 gallon tank. :o The new angels are spunky little things. I'll give them some time alone in the q.t. tank. Sad thing is I usually do q.t. for new fish so I don't get the other fish sick. This time I'm doing it so I don't get the new fish sick. 
Scott

LizStreithorst

Quote from: b125killer on December 08, 2013, 09:05:41 PMSad thing is I usually do q.t. for new fish so I don't get the other fish sick. This time I'm doing it so I don't get the new fish sick.

I'm in the same boat, Scott.  But I can;t introduce new fish until May 1st.  When I say I know what it's like to have been through what you have, I really really know.  It's tough. 

b125killer

I was hoping I was done with the die off. I guess I was wrong.  My pb clown and Chocolate blue males are gone. I did pull the pb and put him into his own tank and he hung on for a some time. I was hopeful that he was better. The chocolate I have no ideal what was wrong with him. So far his mate seems fine.  He was eating good, just up and died, with no signs. Now I only have the wild cross for breeders, There still doing good just stubborn. On the plus side I have some koi that are pairing off. I have to leave all of them in the tank they are in for now. I don't want to move fish around until I know for sure things are ok. The Marbles are still in there Q.T. tank too. I also have some chocolate paraiba fry starting to show good colors. That makes me happy now I hope a few are males. I'll breed them back with the mother.
Scott

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on December 25, 2013, 12:45:05 AM
I was hoping I was done with the die off. I guess I was wrong.  My pb clown and Chocolate blue males are gone. I did pull the pb and put him into his own tank and he hung on for a some time. I was hopeful that he was better. The chocolate I have no ideal what was wrong with him. So far his mate seems fine.  He was eating good, just up and died, with no signs. Now I only have the wild cross for breeders, There still doing good just stubborn. On the plus side I have some koi that are pairing off. I have to leave all of them in the tank they are in for now. I don't want to move fish around until I know for sure things are ok. The Marbles are still in there Q.T. tank too. I also have some chocolate paraiba fry starting to show good colors. That makes me happy now I hope a few are males. I'll breed them back with the mother.

So sorry to hear that Scott! :(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Well that stinks.....How many tanks involved?
Jon

b125killer

So far I have keep it contained to the 72g. most of the angels are looking better he was one of the last that just wasn't doing as good. that's why I put him in his own tank. also I can do a better job keeping a small bare bottom tank clean.  I'm not thinking the Chocolate had the same issues. he didn't show any signs like the others, just up and died. Also the female is still doing good. they had there own tank too. The fry, Plats, And Koi, are still eating like they are little pigs. I haven't lost anything out of them tanks. I'm trying to be so careful not to cross contaminate anyone. All the tanks have there own cleaning equipment. And I clean the nets with a bleach mix.     
Scott

Mugwump

Have you considered just breaking the 72 down and cleaning it well...then starting it over?...
Jon