• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 10:25:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 146
Total: 146

Christmas Eggs

Started by LizStreithorst, December 25, 2013, 01:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

They were actually Christmas eve eggs but since they were still on the cone Christmas morning I consider them a Christmas gift.  I will try to say this in Greek.  Tell me if I get it right:  hb pp to hb p+

So if they hatch the fry should be as many HBs as decide to turn and 50% p+ and 50% pp, right?  The pp is a veil and the p+ is a standard.  How do you say that in Greek?

Merry Christmas, y'all.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 25, 2013, 01:55:12 PM
They were actually Christmas eve eggs but since they were still on the cone Christmas morning I consider them a Christmas gift.  I will try to say this in Greek.  Tell me if I get it right:  hb pp to hb p+

So if they hatch the fry should be as many HBs as decide to turn and 50% p+ and 50% pp, right?  The pp is a veil and the p+ is a standard.  How do you say that in Greek?

Merry Christmas, y'all.

Pretty close...you need the slashes tho   h/h p/p +/v - h/h +/p  ....'v' is veil...'h' is half black..altho 'hb' gets the point across nicely..below is a list of letters to genes, etc...

1. Dark 
D
partially dominant
Dark locus

2. Marble   
M
partially dominant
Dark locus

3. Zebra   
Z
partially dominant
Stripeless locus

4. Gold   
g
recessive characteristic
Dark locus

5. Stripeless
S
partially dominant
Stripeless locus

6. Smokey
Sm
partially dominant
Smokey locus

7. Half-black 
h
recessive characteristic
Halfblack locus

8. Gold marble
Gm 
partially dominant
Dark locus

9. Pearl 
p
recessive characteristic
Pearl locus

10. Streaked
St
partially dominant
Streaked locus

11. Veil   
V
partially dominant
Veil locus

12. Albino
a
recessive characteristic
Albino locus

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

At least you were able to understand what I wrote ::)  It's hard to learn a new language in old age ;)

Mug, they say that "h" is simple recessive.  I've found that not to be the case.  It has to be something different.  I've gotten  black   tails, and 1/3 blacks.  If it were a simple recessive would I not get only hbs or non hb's?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

They're both h/h then....and a lot are partial, or unexpressed...'h' is recessive.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Congratulation Liz.....  whatever they turn out to be.   ;)

Dennis

b125killer

Scott