• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:36:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 330
Total: 331

New Plants

Started by b125killer, November 26, 2013, 08:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I just ordered a few new plants. I'm getting Echinodorus red flame, Ludwigia repens, and cryptocoryne wendtii bronze. I'm getting them from Mark Huffman. I can hardly wait. I'm thinking of putting the Crypt in a pot and putting that one in the grow out tank. the others are going into my planted tank. He's not going to ship them until next Monday because of Thanksgiving. It's going to be a long week of changing my mind on where to place these guys. 
Scott

Ron Sower

That's a hoot!  I have just about all my substrate surface area in my tanks planted, yet, invariably, I come home from our club's monthly auctions or the LFS, with another low-medium light plant. I do seem to always find a place in one of the tanks to stick it to see if it will grow!

Good luck with your ''mind-changing experience''.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Excellent...Mark has the best plants around..unbelievable good prices too.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

How would I contact Mark for some plants?  I am always looking for good plants for my tanks.
I consider myself an underwater gardener along with my outside gardens.
Barb

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Here is his email bxdragon1@hotmail.com
I just sent him a list of the plants I wanted. Mark has almost anything you can think of. There was a minimum order of $25. The red flame was the most expensive it was $8. I order 6 and it came out to $32.5 total. I can hardly find a true aquatic plant at the lfs. And what they do have the want a lot of money for. Plus they don't look as good as Marks.
Scott

Barb

Thanks Jon and Scott, I will contact him next week.  Will tell him who sent me.
Barb

Mugwump

You'll like Mark, nice guy
Jon

b125killer

I got My plants in yesterday. I just got them into the tank so they don't look great yet. Also the Ludwigia narrow leaf lost its leaves. I emailed Mark and he said it should grow back. Mark also gave me a vesuvius sword plant. He said they are hard to come by. It looks neat. Plus it was free ;D

Ludwigia Narrow Leaf Just the stalks. I hope it grows back.

Cryptocoryne Bronze Wendtii

Red Flame Sword

Vesuvius Sword Plant

Scott

Mugwump

Wow, nice plants..great pics... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

you'll love them when they grow in.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

Thanks, The Crypt and swords are starting to show good coloring. The Vesuvius is also standing tall this morning. To bad the Ludwigia doesn't have leaves. From the color of it's old leaves it should be a nice plant. I have been thinking hard about getting another co2 system going. Just not to sure what I want to do. The last time I messed around with co2 I almost wiped out a tank full of fish.  ::)
Scott

Mugwump

Proper lighting, and 'as needed' 'ferts' will do just fine....how are they looking now, after settling in a bit?
Jon

b125killer

The flame sword look good. The crypt is doing great. I was worried about it. I read a lot about crypt melt. But it also said the the wendtii is a good first crypt. The Vesuvius sword doesn't want to stay put. If I can keep it planted it would do better. The Ludwigia didn't make it. What stalks where left just turned brown and floated to the top. All in all I'm happy. Mark gave me the Vesuvius so I'm not to upset about the ludwigia. I'll have to take some more pics and post them.
Scott

wsantia1

Good for you Scott.  I am worthless when it come to keeping these plants alive.  I think I'll be going all plastic soon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.