• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:45:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 347
Total: 348

angelfish video

Started by Jo, October 26, 2012, 12:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo

Posting this one to see if anybody else thinks these are all males???
Jo

Mugwump

Geez, I love Zebra fin patterns.....nice angels.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

Do they look like males to you? The other fish that has spawned 3 times is from same batch of fry as the silver zebra?
Jo

Mugwump

Quote from: Jo on October 26, 2012, 01:38:31 PM
Do they look like males to you? The other fish that has spawned 3 times is from same batch of fry as the silver zebra?
yes, mostly males...that one Pinoy looks like it could be a female tho....??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

The one with ventrals missing?
Jo

Mugwump

Quote from: Jo on October 26, 2012, 01:51:44 PM
The one with ventrals missing?

They look shorter, but not missing...???
Jon

Jo

I have 4 angelfish that that mean fish tore their ventrals before I iced him. I'm so hoping the grow back. It just doesn't look right without them. I was kinda wondering about the pinoy too!
Jo

b125killer

I don't know about male or female but the ventrals will grow back.
Scott

Jo

I hope they do but it has been a long time and it doesn't seem like they are growing. How long does it take? Do you know?
Jo

Jdmcfast

I have a mean male I'm dealing with too, actually several. The one I was referring to does fine in a 55 but when I put the pair in a 20 tall he torments the hell out of his mate or any other angel I try to put in there

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

b125killer

I'm not sure how long it takes. I just try not to look at it all the time and then the next thing you know it's all better. Kind of like water boiling if you watch it it takes for ever.
Scott

Jo

Both of the pairs I have it seems like the male is constantly picking on female. I don't remember my other pairs doing that, but that was 2007 lost some memories probably LOL. Is that normal behavior?
Jo

Jo

Quote from: b125killer on October 28, 2012, 08:57:40 PM
I'm not sure how long it takes. I just try not to look at it all the time and then the next thing you know it's all better. Kind of like water boiling if you watch it it takes for ever.

You are probably right I look at them too much. The others just have such long beautiful ventrals that just looks wrong on the ones that don't. I will try not to look!
Jo