• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 06:54:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253

Air Pump Question

Started by PaulineMi, November 08, 2013, 07:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

I need an air pump that can handle the lines for three jet lifters on an HMF filter in my 90, an airstone at the end of a 55 gallon tank and an airstone in a tank used for aging water. I may need it for two additional lines at a later date.

Would this pump work:  http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/air-pumps/alita-al-6a-linear-air-pump.html#   Would a different model be better?

I don't have anything fancy going on. Just some silicone airlines running from the pump to a few tanks below it.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

I thought that you just got an Alita????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I got the one a step up, the 15A and I'm running 18 lines on it with a little more air to spare.  Don't know about that one.  There about a 15 dollar difference in cost.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I have a linear piston pump for sale that handles 20 air devices and is indestructible.  It makes a bit of a hum but it's not loud.  $50. plus shipping if you're interested.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on November 08, 2013, 07:44:39 PM
I thought that you just got an Alita????

No...I got the Eco 8. http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/air-pumps/ecoplus-8-air-pump.html. Its noisy and creates a vibrating hum throughout the house. I've tried a variety of ways to quiet it down....nada.  It's on a shelf on the opposite side of the family room and below our bedroom.

I've been using three Whisper airpumps but the double outlet one is dying? The noisy hummer is back on the shelf as annoying as ever.

Liz can a gang manifold be connected to your pump.  I have to keep this simple for a small operation.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

LizStreithorst

I always hooked mine into PVC but I imagine it could be hooked up to anything.  You might have to have to take the pump and what you want to connect it to to the hardware store to get the proper connections.  If I get off work early tomorrow I'll take pics for you.  If I get off late I'll take them Sunday. 

Ron Sower

Hands down I think the Jehmco line is great!  Contact John there.  He won't steer you wrong at all.  You tell him what you have and where you want to go with your set-up.  He won't try to upsell you if he doesn't think you need it.  A number of our GSAS members, including myself, have purchased their inline piston pumps.  And they are QUIET!  Really! One member has had one running constantly for 15+ years.

http://www.jehmco.com/html/lph45.html
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron is right.  The Jehmco linear piston pumps are the best hands down.  I'd been wanting one for years and finally bought one several weeks ago.  I finally spent the money because I was moving to the fish room and I wanted silence.  The pumps I have for sale use the same Medo motor as in the Jehmco pumps but mine are smaller so I was running 3 of them and they are insulated so they have a bit of a hum.   The hum of the 3 was more than I wanted.

Ron Sower

All you hear is the bubbling of the water. Right, Liz?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Yep.  I paid $300. for nothing but the sound of bubbles and it was worth it.

Here's pics of the ones I have for sale.

PaulineMi

That low hum is annoying.  I hear it right now while a noisy football game is on.

I had forgotten about Jehmco.  Thanks for the reminder.

And thanks for the photos Liz.  I'm going to talk to Jehmco before I make any decisions.