• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 10:05:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 304
Total: 304

Moving fry....fun day

Started by Mugwump, November 02, 2013, 08:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

It seems that I'll have to move some fry today. They're growing like weeds, plus the 'virgin Koi' pair have laid again...others are bickering too. Now...where in the world to put them all..LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Scott

Mugwump

I know, I know... ;D...didn't get much done either...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Hello...You guys make me so nostalgic for a fish breeding room!!!! I loved it when I was breeding some angels.  Nothing like you guys are doing, though.  Wish I'd known this forum when I was raising them though.  I remember Aron & Lori coming over and getting some of my pairs and they were saying I had nice pearl scale Philippine blues.  I didn't have a clue what they were talking about.  I had just bought them because they were pretty!!!!

But without the space I've moved to smaller tanks and species.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BillT

What smaller sps are doing now Ron?

The true beauty of a biological organism extends further than just to its surface or size.

Ron Sower

Quote from: BillT on November 03, 2013, 11:39:22 PM
What smaller sps are doing now Ron?

Currently I have a 12g with misc. guppies, an 8g with tequilla sunrise guppies, an 8g with juvie black Moscow guppies, an 8g with small cries and Boraras brigatti, a 5g with CPD's, a 55g with Dwarf Chain Loaches, a 54g with clown loaches, a 54g with misc ''community fish'', a 6g with multies, and an 8g with GBR's.  All but the shellies are planted.

The pair of GBRs are in an unheated tank and and are digging out a nest in the front corner. This morning the bottom of the tank is exposed. When I observed the digging and courtship behavior a couple days ago, I removed the 3 guppies from the tank and placed a rock with a flat surface in the tank. Apparently they still like the corner better.  BTW...people around here say they need at least a 20g to spawn.  We'll see!

This past summer I took plants from the 10g I had rice fish in at the time, and plants from the CPD tank, and put them in a water filled tote out back in the yard.  Eggs of both species hatched and the fry grew out.  I have a couple of the CPD fry in with their parents now and sold/traded the rice fish,

Oh yeah, I also had some sparkling gouramies spawn in a stagnant planted 1g globe.  Raised one fry from the 15 that hatched. Sold parents and fry recently with a promise of getting some back from him if they spawn again and I want some. 

When I submitted some of the spawnings to the BAP program they were disallowed because the broods were so small! So I've decided that I'm doing this in a small scale just to see what I can accomplish with the diminutive setup I have, and don't really care about BAP points. 

I'm following my own advice that I give to people new to the hobby; and that is, remember this is YOUR hobby. You do what pleases YOU in your participation!  I find that to be emancipating!  So what I enjoy doing changes as my situation changes.

BUT I STILL MISS MY FISHROOM!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

You sure have an interesting collection of fish species. Sounds nice.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)