• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 04:05:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 233
Total: 234

Compatibility of tankmates

Started by Mugwump, October 15, 2012, 09:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Thank ilroost That is a 180gal I will be setting that tank up soon
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Nice, JR....good looking fish and tank...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Mike sent me a couple extra little 2" discus "to play with ".   I have all 10 of my discus in a 90 gallon as I was originally planning on having only eight of them. There is a 20 long that I run under the 90 for extra water to handle the bioload. The one baby is growing fast the other is probably going to end up a cute little stunted blue fish.  ::)  I'd like to put a couple discus in with angels....oh what a conundrum. Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

As often as not, in a group of Discus their is one that is lowest in the pecking order.  If you remove the smallest one they start dominating the next least agressive one.  If I were you, I would wait until the Discus got older before I tossed a couple into an Angel tank.  10 full grown Discus are just fine in a 90. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

You're right of course Liz. Thanks. I forgot about the pecking order issue.  I'll leave things as is so I don't further upset things in the tank. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Makes sense...even if it's the little one's doing the harassment....groups of smaller fry can be a menace too..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They're Cichlids.  It's their way...
Always move forward. Never look back.