• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 08:44:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 325
Total: 325

Kudos to Mugwump

Started by PaulineMi, October 24, 2013, 07:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

I spent a good six weeks pretty much throwing food to my fish and quickly changing water due to my Dad's failing health. I hadn't taken time to sit and observe them like I usually do. Then I went on an out of state vacation for a week...more time away from the critters.

Somewhere during this time I received a P.M. from a local guy who said he was told I had nice angelfish. He wondered if I had any for sale as he was returning to the hobby and was setting up a planted tank. Guess he caught me in a generous mood as I told him I'd like to rehome a few if he'd like them. He is coming for them Saturday as his 125 gallon tank is fully cycled now.

On to Jon.... This week I've been looking really hard at the nine angels from him, deciding which will be going to a new home.  I keep my wild type angels in low light tanks so I brightened them up to get a good look at the Rio Negro/Sta Isabel. HOLY COW!!!!  :o. Those are some gorgeous fish!  They're expressing blue/green glitter, silvery patches (not paraiba) and lovely spots. Fins are so pretty with streamers and that black bar from dorsal through anal fin is stunning. And then there's that awesome facial profile.....

I have to say thank you again Jon for these beauties. I've regained my senses after thinking I was going to be cutting waaay back on my tanks and angelfish. I hope I will be able to capture photos of what these angels are expressing. You breed some very, very nice angels.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

*blush*....thank you. I'm so glad that you like them. I enjoy them immensely, myself. The beauty of the wilds, and wild crosses, amaze me. When they finally start to mature is when they explode with their true natural appearance. The low light is a technique of mine too.  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson