• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:05:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 238
Total: 238

Petsmart onlne

Started by Ron Sower, October 23, 2013, 09:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Sunday, late night, I was looking for the least expensive Aquaclear 110's online and found them on the Petsmart site.  They were having a 30% off sale on $150 or more order for the weekend.  I just happened upon this deal.  I ordered 2 of them @ essentially $70 each!  Free shipping over $35 and I'm expecting them to arrive in a week to 10 days. 

They got here yesterday!  TWO DAYS!!!  That was nice! 

My free shipping from Amazon still hasn't arrived after 6 days!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Good deal.... ;D...do you use floss with them? or get those pricey pads??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I use the sponge that comes with it and some form of poly fiber that I usually get at Joanne's or Hobby Lobby or Michaels.  I don't use carbon. These will go 2 on a tank and I will alternate the cleaning of the filter media so I don't wipe out all the bacteria in the sewage treatment system of the tank...!

The last one that I bought new had the ceramic (or whatever it is) pieces and I'm using that for the first time.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

My filter of choice also. I have 3 on my 125 gal.

Ron Sower

I have 2-110's on a 55g which was overpopulated until a couple weeks ago. Ha! I've also got a Fluval 405 on it. It will be coming off soon and so will one of the 110's.  But one and a time so as to slowly change the balance. This is the tank I'm trying to get the dwarf chain loach, Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki, to spawn in.

I have a clown loach tank which is a curved front 54g that I've removed a Rena canister from and have a temporary HOB of another brand on, that I will put the 110 on tomorrow.  And a second 54g like it that has various species in it which will be converted from canisters to the 110 as well. I need some help moving them further away from the wall for the HOB space and a fellow is coming to help me with that tomorrow and will by the canisters from me.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I have a couple of these 110s also.  They are great filters and are quiet too.  I also cut a 110 sponge in two and used it as material for two sponge filters.  So far they are working well. They capture a lot of debris and are keeping a 55g that I am growing out some youngsters in pretty clean.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.