• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:43:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 347
Total: 348

Friday Photospread ? Artificial Incubation of Freshwater Angelfish Eggs

Started by BallAquatics, October 18, 2013, 05:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Good one Dennis....a lot of us shy away from meth. blue and use peroxide instead. The Meth. nlue needs to be gone by the time the eggs are hatching...this roughly 48hrs with angels. This is accomplished by many careful water changes. Peroxide dissipates in about 12hrs and is less of an issue. Some say that Meth. blue harms fry....juries still out on that...for ease of maintenance, peroxide is a preferred product. It's just as effective, if not more so, and works like a charm. 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

BallAquatics

I used methylene blue for years with great success.  I have since found that if I'm getting much egg fungus it due to a water parameter problem.  I now just adjust my water and don't use any chemicals.  How have these fish managed all these years without our intervention or our chemical stock piles???  lol   ;D

I should check to see what the shelf life is for methylene blue, I know the bottle I have must be ancient!

Dennis

BillT

Methylene blue can last many many years as either a solution or a powder.