• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 07:01:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 543
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 534
Total: 534

One of many!

Started by DylanJkfish, October 17, 2013, 07:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DylanJkfish

Well it looks like its time to start clearing out some space. 
Im going to be starting with this UNPROVEN pearlscale(X)normal blue silver pair that will be going for 40$.
The pearlscale is a proven female but the other is still yet to be determined (although im 95% sure its a male).
I think they are like 8-10months but It took the parents around a yr and a half to finally reach adult size and start breeding. 
Now they are still fairly small due to genetics but they have great potential, their dad has about a 2-3" body size with amazing fins (him and his lady will be up for sale soon as well)

Hoping to have pictures up sometime tomorrow..

Mugwump

Pearl scale female is what?..a Silver?, blue silver?....the reason I ask is because pearl scale is a trait, not a phenotype.....when you post a pic, it'll likely answer this.. ;D..sounds like a nice pair. Most angels reach maturity, breeding age, by 8-10 mos. There's always those ready earlier and later tho. Wild caught angels such as Manacapuru, Sra Isabel, and the Rio Negros usually need to be older. Wild caught Leopoldis are another late bloomer, sometimes at 2 yrs, or later.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Owl307

shes a blue silver too jon :)
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

DylanJkfish

Thanks mel haha, yea shes a blue silver also. Was hoping it was more clear but apparently not.. Whoops  :o
Not sure why it takes these so long, i got the parents like 2 yrs ago at dime size and they just started breeding at the end of last yr.

Mugwump

Dylan, some are just late bloomers, that's all...or haven't found a desirable mate to pair with...??..it doesn't happen often, but it happens. If you had one , or the other, in a tank with say all males,or all females, that could be it too....altho two females spawning without a male happens a lot...some are just destined to never mate at all, even with forced pairings....go figure..LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

I sure would like to see a pic of these.  I've been doing a little playing with Pealscales of late.
Always move forward. Never look back.

DylanJkfish

Know telling what the reason is but I think its 1 female and 3 males in this tank.

I love them and id be keeping them if i wasnt gonna be working on a koi line!

Mugwump

Quote from: DylanJkfish on October 17, 2013, 08:51:27 PM
Know telling what the reason is but I think its 1 female and 3 males in this tank.

I love them and id be keeping them if i wasnt gonna be working on a koi line!

LOL...more tanks.....LOL :D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I would very much like to see pics of the actual fish.
Always move forward. Never look back.

DylanJkfish

Liz, i was able to get pictures last night that i will be uploading sometime later today

DylanJkfish

here are the pictures.

Mugwump

Nice...look like PB Silver ghosts.....you'll get Paraiba's from them...pretty angels.
Jon