• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 09:45:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

meghalayensis, the next generation

Started by BillT, October 14, 2013, 08:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

I got a bunch of these fish a while ago from Dennis:

I just collected these guys from an egg trap in their tank yesterday:

Quite the family resemblance I think.

Mugwump

Very nice pics....do you have any pics of the egg trap set up??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Well done Bill, congratulations!  Great photo of the eggs.

Dennis

BillT

do you have any pics of the egg trap set up??

Not all that different from the one Dennis makes. Here's the kind I used for the meghalayensis (this one is in a tank of pearls):

It is basically a hinged plastic box with a hole cut in the top (done with a router table), a mesh heat glued to the top, and parts of green plastic cheerleader pom-poms (very cheap on the web) heat glued to the mesh. I used to use acrylic yarn or polyester garden twin.
I have some where I have cut down the fake vegetation to better direct the fish activities down toward the trap.

Here is another I made with a gravel substrate. This one has not yet been productive. I'm thinking I should put some "plants" in it also.

BillT

QuoteWell done Bill, congratulations!  Great photo of the eggs.

Thanks Dennis.
Took about 6 photos to get the eggs actually in focus.

Mugwump

Thanks. Bill....that's the best pic that I've seen of these types.  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson