• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 05:05:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 322
Total: 322

Latest Koi pair....

Started by Mugwump, October 14, 2013, 08:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I mentioned something nice going on down in the fish room...well, here's the first thing... ;D
Newest Koi pair...1st spawn and parent raising....they're now free swimming ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
only about 8-10...but just super  ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

8 or 10, hey they gotta start somewhere.  Congratulations on the fry Jon.

Dennis

Mugwump

Thanks Dennis...just the fact that they are parent raising on the very first spawn has me tickled pink.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I'll bet it does.  I've always liked to watch cichlid parents and the care the give to a batch of fry.  Good luck with them.

Dennis

Jdmcfast

Yes good luck! Amazing parent raising skills for first time

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Josh

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 14, 2013, 08:25:07 AM
I mentioned something nice goig on down in the fish room...well, here's the first thing... ;D
Newest Koi pair...1st spawn and parent raising....they're now free swimming ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
only about 8-10...but just super  ;D

Those look like mine. Oh yeah, I got mine from you. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

The fry started swimming all over the place, the 6 left anyway...now it appears that they're gone. That's alright, the next batch should be larger and in bigger groups they'll do better.
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 15, 2013, 04:15:54 PM
The fry started swimming all over the place, the 6 left anyway...now it appears that they're gone. That's alright, the next batch should be larger and in bigger groups they'll do better.

Sorry about the fry but those parents did a great job first time out.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 15, 2013, 04:50:08 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 15, 2013, 04:15:54 PM

Sorry about the fry but those parents did a great job first time out.

Yep, for 1st timers, I'm pleased.... ;D
Jon

b125killer

sorry they didn't get it right, Maybe next time. 
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on October 16, 2013, 06:52:29 AM
sorry they didn't get it right, Maybe next time.

They got it right, Scott. However, I don't think they were getting enough to eat....even when I aimed the food at them, it'd be a couple bites and then finding much more. I could have removed them, but wanted the parents to keep doing their thing.
Jon