• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 02:58:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Culture Rack

Started by BallAquatics, October 14, 2013, 06:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Picked up two drilled 40 breeders a couple weeks back and put together a rack for live food cultures.

It's nothing fancy and fits in well with the rest of my "working" fish room racks.  80 gallons for green water cultures, and a large top shelf for daphnia, moina, and brine shrimp cultures.  I've started culturing moina in 1 litre bottles thanks to BillT and it's working great - Thanks Bill!

Dennis

Mugwump

I like that, convenient and workable.....very nice, Dennis. How did you start your green water culture??....lettuce?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on October 14, 2013, 07:44:47 AM
How did you start your green water culture??....lettuce?

You see that rock on the right side with his head sticking out of the water.....  he the green water machine.  Something the cat drug home, his name is Bob.  I'm not sure if he can produce enough nutrients to keep both tanks going.

If not I might put a half dozen feeder gold fish in the bottom tank.  Sorta get double duty from them, make green water, and munch on all my excess duck weed too.  They should be big enough for someone's pond by next spring and I can start out with some new small ones again.

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson