• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 334
Total: 334

Setting up an shrimp tank

Started by P4Angels, October 23, 2012, 10:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

BallAquatics

Great stuff!  Diana Walstad is a favorite in my aquatic library.   ;)

Dennis

Barb

Gee I haven't heard Diana's name in years!  She used to be in my fish club back in about 1988-96 or so.    I remember she had fabulous planted tanks with African cichlids and Aust. Rainbows.  I even had some of her fish up until recently when they died of very old age, Lamprologus Leleupi, about 14 years old!  I didn't even know she is an author now.  She still lives where I used to.  I will have to read her writings. And even try to contact her to see if she remembers me, hope she does, I was club pres. for 4 years.
Barb

BallAquatics

Barb, Diana is famous in the planted tank world!  Her book, "Ecology of the Planted Aquarium: A Practical Manual and Scientific Treatise for the Home Aquarist", (http://www.amazon.com/Ecology-Planted-Aquarium-Practical-Scientific/dp/0967377315/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351022660&sr=8-1&keywords=diana+walstad) is the definitive guide.

Dennis

Mugwump

I found a pdf, if ya want it...(free)....hehe

Diana Walstad...'Ecology of the Planted Aquarium'

http://www.2shared.com/document/JqjJjxaY/Ecology_of_the_Planted_Aquariu.html
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Thank you Dennis and Jon.  I am going to try to contact her and see if she remembers me and the old Durham Aquarium Society.  I had no idea she is famous now, I have been concentrating on fish not aquarium plants for a long time.  But now that I am successfully growing aq. plants I will be needing her book.  And I have my first shrimp too and they are great little things!
Barb