• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 11:15:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 510
Total: 510

Melafix and Pimafix recipes

Started by Mugwump, October 09, 2013, 12:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Personally I hate that stuff.  I've never seen it do any good whether as a dog shampoo or for fish.  I think it's snake oil. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 20, 2013, 05:20:25 PM
Personally I hate that stuff.  I've never seen it do any good whether as a dog shampoo or for fish.  I think it's snake oil.

It's toted as a mild natural antibiotic, it works nicely for fin damage, and minor abrasions..think of it as a wound cleanser, and disinfectant...It's not a disease cure-all...it's for when you need a little something extra, but don't need the big boy med's, etc....best part, the 'novice' can't really over dose it......too many nuts think 'more is better' yada yada
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've never seen it do a whit of good.  I don't like the stuff at all.  Good clean water takes takes care of most minor ills.  I'd rather add salt than Melafix,  but I have a prejudice against the stuff.  I think the stuff it's a crock. 

I'd like to see a group of fish with minor damage, some that were treated with Melafix and some getting lots of good clean water.  Until I see that I won't change my mind.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 20, 2013, 06:22:46 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 20, 2013, 05:20:25 PM
I think it's snake oil.

LOL Same here.....

Dennis

could be...but I think it's more of a fish comfort tool than most think...magic properties..naw
Jon

P4Angels2

Well Jon you were right Google was my friend it led me to Ebay and presto found what I wanted for an awesome price for the Cajeput Essential Oil...ordered 2 bottles for less than $10 and free shipping!!!!

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on December 21, 2013, 03:13:46 PM
Well Jon you were right Google was my friend it led me to Ebay and presto found what I wanted for an awesome price for the Cajeput Essential Oil...ordered 2 bottles for less than $10 and free shipping!!!!

Cool..... ;D
Jon

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...