• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

July 27, 2024, 05:16:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,435
  • Total Topics: 18,574
  • Online today: 183
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 198
Total: 199

Beautiful Monday

Started by wsantia1, June 10, 2024, 01:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It is a nice sunny and breezy day here with the current temp at 77 degrees and winds coming from the northwest with gusts up to 27 mph. There is no rain in the forecast so my grass will continue to stay brown.

I had company in over the weekend and we had a great time while having a late celebration of my 70th birthday. I feel great but the calendar keeps moving so I need to make the best out of each and every day.

Barb I feel your pain with the current drought situation. I would watering but this town just raised my taxes 100% (yes,100% huh ) so I am not going to give them any more money (water bill) than I need to.

Dennis, those are some really nice pieces of wood. Looking forward to what you make with them.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Hi Willie!  A belated Happy Birthday!

Good to see you around.  It was so dead around here last week I thought everyone was ready to close up shop at MugWump's.

The weather around here has been crazy this year, but no shortage of rain.  Our temps have been all over the place.  Hi 80's last Friday and we won't be getting out of the 60's today.

Every time we have thunder storms seems like there is a tornado near by.

I often wonder what Al Gore thinks of all this.  Most laughed at him years ago when he warned of what was coming...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Barb

Still no rain here guys.  Happy Birthday Willie, you are almost caught up to me, and Liz. She is OK, just not feeling chatty these days. But she is healing up and back to most of her usual stuff. Big Head never came home, I know she misses him.  How is Kobe Willie! Dennis do you have pets?  A tornado hit my sister in laws yard a few days ago, she lives outside DC, very rare there.  Lots of big tree damage but house is fine, it is brick and about 75 years old. Some of her neighbor's houses were leveled.  Willie, this is Gaithersburg.
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi all!

I just caught up reading what I missed while AWOL! I agree with others, Dennis, that's beautiful walnut. One of my favorite woods for furniture.

We definitely have dry desert conditions here in the Phoenix area. It hit 100 earlier this year than normal. Now is the time I start telling my plant shippers to be sure to put in ice packs with my orders! We'll be between 104 and 110° this week. I'm glad my UPS guy will let me text him and meet him somewhere before he gets to my house on his route. That way I can get them in the morning and the plants don't sit in a UPS truck until he gets to me at four in the afternoon.

I continue to have a lot of nice people come and visit to buy plants, fish and shrimp. They're starting to bring their wives, husbands, and sometimes parents to see what it's all about! It's really kind of cool.

Lucy is definitely pulling out of her booth at the antique mall. She started discounting the items she has left in there. I don't know what she plans to do with all of them. We have stored on our carport! We'll figure it out. I'm still debating on whether to take her booth or not. They've offered me another booth against the wall which has electricity, and I could set up a tank with lights to display some things. The manager even said that they would be fish if I wanted to sell fish out of there!!!

Last week we played a lot of card games with local neighbors and really enjoyed it. I would like to today, but I didn't get much sleep last night and when that happens, I have a lot of joint pain. And today my back is really hurting. Seem to take forever for the Tylenol to kick in. However, it finally did and it helps a little.

Clean the gunk out of your pond and filter is definitely a job, Barb. I don't envy that. I have learned that I can take a small aqua clear filter and set it up temporarily on my small tanks one at a time, and get most of the detritus out. I put a prefilter sponge on the intake tube so it doesn't suck in any fry or shrimplets. After it cleans one tank I take it off, toss the floss, replace the floss and put it on the next tank. This is working pretty nicely for me.

I hope you're reading our posts Liz. Miss you here and I hope you're doing well as the time goes on.

Take care of everybody and have a good rest of your day.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron