• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:59:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 303
Total: 304

Eclipse Monday

Started by Barb, April 08, 2024, 06:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi friends, did any of you see anything of the eclipse?  It was supposed to show here in eastern NC this afternoon, but I was out gardening for 2 hrs waiting for the sky to darken.  Nothing happened, just blue sky and bright sun. If it darkened for a few minutes I didn't even notice it.  Glad I didnt rush out and spend several dollars on the cardboard plastic glasses everybody wanted.  The stores here sold out of them!!  People were begging online for a pair, LOL.  This morning I spent in the dentist chair again, 3 fillings this time.  2 more crowns to go later on, then I am finally done.  All my ancient dental work is updated.

Liz, hope you can find a home for Charlotte.  If not, can you get someone local to help out with her care?  Maybe an older kid?  How are you Willie?  Ron, your fish/plant business sounds like it is going great, especially helping out the brothers with health issues.  I would like to see a pic of Lucy's painted chest of drawers, sounds beautiful!
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb and everyone. I was watching the eclipse on TV when one of my neighbors called me to let me know that they had extra glasses so I went over there to watch it in the backyard. We were not in the totality zone but we got to 89% of it.

I thought those glasses were interesting in that you couldn't see anything through them except the sun. It was total darkness when I looked anywhere but up.

Finally getting the flooring project off the ground this week. They are supposed to start the work Thursday. I can't wait until it's over. After that I will be looking for a new couch and love seat so I can get rid of my 18 year old living room furniture.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Hi Barb & Willie.  I watched the total eclipse here.  It was simply awesome.  I wasn't to excited about it, but as it unfolded it was errie and fascinating at the same time.

I assumed it would be like when rain clouds move in and it gets dark, but it wasn't like that at all.  It kept getting darker and darker, but there were still shadows from the remaining sunlight.

The birds started acting peculiar and when it got to 100%, it was as dark as on a full moon night.  Seeing the light ring around the edges of the moon was spectacular.

I can now understand why the ancients became very upset when experiencing an eclipse.  For an event that I wasn't expecting much from, it turned out to be amazing.  ;)