• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:25:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 261
Total: 262

Sunny Sunday

Started by LizStreithorst, April 07, 2024, 06:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's the most perfect weather at the most perfect time of year.  My Iris are blooming.  Judy's old Grancy Greybeard is a work of art.  All the trees and bushes are their own shades of green. Wildflowers have started blooming.  By blueberry bushes are loaded with green berries.

I got bad news about Charlotte, though.  Sandra tried her best and the lady at the rescue was very kind, but she said that a horse of Charlotte's age would not continue to do well in a brand-new environment.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Liz! Your description of the blooms around you sounds lovely. Irises, as I may have said before, are one of my favorite flowers. The cacti and other desert plants are blooming here. Spring is such a promising time of year.

I hope someone else might be able to help you with Charlotte's care. She's a good horse.

How are you Muggers doing today? Alls well here.

A couple young brothers near me have started raising black knight and gold rams for Mike and me to sell. They contracted Lyme disease when they were pre-teens and have had serious immunological and other disorders since.  They're in their 20s now. Because of the times that they can hardly get out of bed, and the regular IV administration of immunological drugs, they cannot work. So we talked about them raising fish for us. I bought the first batch of 11 blacks and 11 golds from them. They still have at least 100 more growing out. We'll see how this little venture works out.

Lucy's been working on (painting) an 8-drawer chest for a month, trying to get the right color/patina to suit her. We finally moved it to her booth yesterday and it looks great! Now she needs to put a price on it!

The big Southwest Aquarium Keepers Event, SAKE, is this Saturday. Silent auction, live auction, and 4 speakers! All the clubs around here help with this event. RDS Aquatics (that's me!) will be placing things in the auctions and helping in one way or another.  People come from all over the SW. A bunch from California clubs. I'll be prepping all week.

Well, the big eclipse is the newsbyte of the day! I remember we had one when I was living in the Seattle area a few years back...I think! It got all dark weird out there. Be careful with your eyes, and remember, it's an E-clipse, not an Apoca-lypse!😁

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron