• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 05:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Saturday

Started by Ron Sower, March 30, 2024, 11:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Good day all!

We did get home Thursday evening in fine shape. I'm sure my gastric events were due to consumption of fried foods. Without a gall bladder I know better than to partake of them, but I tried anyway, much to my chagrin 😩. I paid the price!

Upon entering our home Thursday evening, we were met with a 75g tank that was half empty!😩. A very slow leak. No water on the floor but a wet wall and baseboard behind the tank. I was going to rescape this tank after our return from vacation, so I suppose this was the universe's way of making sure I did that! so yesterday I spent the entire day exchanging that tank with one that Stan is selling. I had a couple of friends come over and do the lifting for me, which was a great help. So far, I don't think I've lost any fish, except one coral red pencil fish that got missed when he jumped out of the net into a dry bucket and died. unfortunately, I didn't see him until later. too late! I hate that. I'll be turning on the lights and checking the rest of the fish in a few minutes. So that's the only thing I really got done yesterday.

Liz, I hate to see that you're going to have to give up Charlotte, but you know what you have to do. You will certainly miss her and She will miss you.

Looks like the rest of you doing pretty good, so keep on keeping on. I'll check in later to see what else might be going on today with you guys. Have a great day.🐠🐠🐠
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Oh my Ron, that is every fishkeepers nightmare.  Lucky not more damage to your room though.  35+ gallons of water can do a lot of damage.  I freak out when I spill several gallons.  You should see how many old towels I keep just for soaking up tank spills.  Glad your gastro issues are over.  My daughter has no gallbladder so I hear about all that can do.

It is a very warm sunny day here, got up to 80, I did some more yardwork awhile ago.  My elderly neighbor can't take care of her yard anymore so her millions of weeds go to seed and many of them end up over here.  I trim hers when I have battery power in my weed whacker to do it.  But too many over there to keep up. She really needs to sell and move into a senior home, but wont.  And she has no money to pay someone to do much to help her yard.  Just mowing every 6-8 weeks.  It is a constant problem for my yard now. Oh well.  Could be worse I know.

You all have a nice Easter weekend. Eat some chocolate!
Barb