• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 07:45:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 330
Total: 330

Good Friday

Started by wsantia1, March 29, 2024, 05:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. All is good here. We have been rained on for most of the past week and today we finally get a break as the as it will be sunny with the high temp getting into the high 50s. With that being said it is only 38 degrees at the moment.

When I was growing up Good Friday was a big deal for my family. We had to go to church and we couldn't eat any meat on GF and there were exceptions to that. To this day I usually try not to eat meat but I usually fail. Since my stomach has been bothering me for a few days I am more conscious of what I am eating so I might actually succeed this time. ;D 

I won't be doing much today except fishroom work but I need to do some yard work soon. With all of the rain we have gotten the weeds have gotten out of control and the fall cleanup by our landscapers will not begin until Tuesday.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll peek in later to see if anything is going on in your neck of the woods. 

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's a pretty good Good Friday for me so far.  I don't know how many hours I drove to get my errands run.  South to Ellisville for beer, north to Hattiesburg to pick up Big Head's drugs, way farther north to the feed store and supermarket in Seminary then south by the scenic route home.  It's such a magnificent day, even the highway driving was pleasant.

I bought 300 lbs of horse feed, and I hope that this will be the last time.  I'm having a hard time taking care of Charlotte.  I got in touch with the lady, Sandra, who gave her to me who told me there was no possible way, with all she had going on, for her to take her back, but she knows of a horse rescue. Sandra told her of Charlotte's history.  I believe they are interested in taking her because she's unusual as a former racehorse who is ancient but still in good shape and rideable.  They want a picture of Charlotte and a picture of her registration papers.

I'm praying that they'll accept her and give her the love and attention that she deserves for the years she has left.  If not, at least she has 300lbs feed left before I have to say a sad goodbye. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz, it has been a sunny but cool day today, but nice after about 4" of rain day before yesterday.  Willie, probably the same storm that dumped rain on your area.  Liz, I hope Charlotte will be adopted.  Let us know.  She will miss you and you her I know.  How many dogs do you have?  And one cat I know.  I have 3 cats, as you all probably know.  Last week one of our kill shelters, sent a donated van with 38 cats to a rescue in Nebraska!  I was so glad to hear this.  They will get homes there!  We have 1 kill shelter, and one no kill. 

Hope you all have a good weekend, I will be going to a friends house for lunch on Sunday. Since I am alone I always appreciate a meal with a family on a holiday.  Ron, are you home and recovering? Hope so.  Dennis, take a good bike ride!
Barb

wsantia1

Liz, I also hope that Charlotte is adopted to a good home. We all know how much you love that horse and want nothing but the best for her. I love horses too and I am sure I would have gotten one if I had enough land to do so. What type of race horse was/is she?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

She's a racing quarterhorse although she didn't have much of a carrier.  She won her first race and brought her owners a couple thousand dollars, but after a horse wins it's first race it moves up in class.  She was raced a couple of more times but never finished in the money, so that's when she was sold and turned into a former racehorse, now western pleasure horse.  It says all that on her registration papers.
Always move forward. Never look back.