• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 08:38:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 262
Total: 263

Finally a nice day, Tuesday

Started by Barb, March 26, 2024, 03:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi all, a day here with just sun.  No wind, rain, dark clouds or cold.  I just finished first grass trim for the year, using my battery weed eater. I only have a little grass, mostly mulched beds full of shrubs, trees and flowers.  Next job is the pond filter which I keep putting off.  I will get baby fancy goldfish, as you all recommended.  Maybe I can use rainwater for part of their tank.  I use it for my Endlers and Bettas.  Hope you are all having a good day.  I know Ron and Lucy sure are! How about the rest of you?  I am fine, just trying to accept the fact I need $3000 in dental care.  Replacing old fillings and 2 crowns.  Trying not to complain, I have several very ill friends.  This is nothing, right?
Barb

Ron Sower

Aloha Barb! Et Al!

Referring to your dental issues and your outlook on your condition; I'm a firm believer that no matter how rough your situation is, there's always someone that has it worse. Everything is relative to the person's own perspective. It's the, "I complained about not having shoes until I met a man with no feet", thing.

We went on a coffee plantation tour today. Kauai Coffee is the largest coffee grower in the US. They have 4 million trees!!! They plant, cultivate, grow, harvest, dry, roast and package every coffee bean right here on their plantation. It's amazing to see the vast orchards. The only thing that's not done here is decaffeinating. They send it out to to a company that uses the Swiss Water method which leaves the coffee 99% decaffeinated. Other methods leave the coffee 95% decaffed. Theirs is 100% Kauai grown coffee. Most of what we see in our stores that say "Kauai Coffee" only have about 10% Kauai coffee in it the package. That's today's lesson folks! ☕️☕️☕️ 

Not sure what we'll be doing tomorrow so stay tuned. Wishing a good day to all of you. Aloha!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Rain water is a great idea Barb.  I used to tell the guys at the club the reason I could get so many fish to spawn was because of using nature's finest rain water.  ;)

Good to hear you are having a great time Ron!  Thanks for sharing with us.  |^|  I'm particularly fond of coffee grown in Kenya. Very rich and smooth...

LizStreithorst

Ron, I wish I could be with you having fun.

Barb, I'm so sorry that you have something done that you can't afford.  The fact that it's dental makes it worse, especially for you with your fear of dental work.  I have a dentist appointment that I'm looking forward to on Monday the 7th of April.  This was supposed to have happened weeks ago, but that time the bottom wax teeth didn't fit comfortably against my gums.  Surely. this time it will fit comfortably.  After that, it will only be a few more weeks before I have teeth.  The dentist warned me at the first appointment that it would take forever and that toward the end patients get antsy and call all the time complaining.  I'm not doing that.  Instead, I'm getting antsy and complaining to my friends. lol

I love this time of year.  It's warm and everything is it's own beautiful shade of green.  It feels life has been renewed.

I'm fine emotionally.  Physically I've taken another step toward disability.  I'm having a hard time walking.  It's been this way for severeal days in a row so although I hope it is temporary, I feer that it is not.

Always move forward. Never look back.