• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 03:09:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 249
Total: 249

Saturday

Started by Barb, March 23, 2024, 03:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good Saturday afternoon you all.  Liz that was a good story about the possum.  Do you think he would have hunted dogs and chicken in the house at night?  Or tried to bite you?  Glad you got it out without hurting it or yourself.

Ron have a great time in HI.  I sure would like to go again someday.  We were in Maui and Kauai each for 4 days. Not nearly enough.  We figured if we sold everything we owned we could afford a tiny house there.  Must be waaaay more now, that was in 2001, just a few month before 9-11 when everything changed.

Willie and Dennis do you have weekend plans?  Here I was part of a garden club yardsale event, sold a few things I didn't need or want anymore.  Also visited and helped a couple friends, one had hand surgery and the other a torn rotator cuff, waiting for surgery. 

It poured rain all last night here, finally. Now most of the pollen is washed away thank heavens.   Willie how much of the storm did you get?  It was to head north after here.
Have a good eve you all,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, it wouldn't have hurt me.  What it would have done is go after the chickens, the dogs would hear a chicken squawk or perhaps hear him moving around looking for the best place to snag one, and go crazy.  It would either find its way outside and escape, or huddle in another corner.  At that point, it would be for me to decide how to move it to outside.  None of my dogs are killers, and an angry possum is a formidable enemy even for a dog that will kill an intruder.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Thanks for the info Liz.  The only possums I see here are road kill, so many of them.  A friend recently saw a dead mom hit by a car. She stopped to see if it was dead, it was, but had tiny babies in her pouch!  This lady took all 6 home and tried to save them, by reading what to do online, but they all died.  Just too young to save.  So sad.  I wish possums were smarter and wouldn't run out into the road, always at night. :(