• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 12:10:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 250
Total: 250

Overcast Friday

Started by BallAquatics, March 22, 2024, 02:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Good afternoon all.  Slow and gloomy Friday here. 

When out and poked the fire to get it going again first thing this morning.  Watched the first practice session of MotoGP and then went into Springfield to get the door hinge repair kits for the pick-up truck.

Swung by Meijer for some groceries after picking up the truck parts. I've started shopping at Meijer because the local WalMart just sucks big time. I'm sure Sam Walton is turning over in his grave due to the current state of WalMart.

Got back and put everything away just in time for the 2nd session of MotoGP. This week they are racing in the
beautiful setting of Portugal's Algarve, the 100,000 capacity Autodromo Internacional do Algarve – known more colloquially as Portimao, after the port city it sits half an hour outside – was opened on the 2nd of November, 2008.

Cleaned up the kitchen a bit and then spent the best part of the afternoon brushing up on website stuff.

Hope everyone is having a splendid day!

Barb

Hi Dennis, sounds like a nice, though gloomy, day there for you.  Where is the fire you poked to get going?  Outside?  Sounds like not indoors in a fireplace?  I miss a nice wood burning fireplace, I just have a natural gas one, which is fine and clean, but I do like wood better.  Bill used to enjoy splitting the wood we would order every year, and he kept it neatly stacked under a little roof he built on the back of his work shed, to keep it dry. I remember the time the heavy thing he used to split the wood, fell onto his foot, broke his big toe even through the leather shoes he had on.  I still have that heavy thing I forgot the name of.

It is finally supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, finally.  I will be so glad to have all the pollen washed away a bit.  Will let you know if it does.

Aloha Ron and Lucy, if you see this.  Liz how are things with you?  Willie, are you getting rain too?  Maybe even something else up your way, like cold too?  It just started pouring!!  6pm
Barb

BallAquatics

Quote from: Barb on March 22, 2024, 05:12:01 PMHi Dennis, sounds like a nice, though gloomy, day there for you.  Where is the fire you poked to get going?  Outside?

Hi Barb, yep it's outside.  When you live on a wooded lot, there is always something to burn.  I can't imagine what a chore it would be to try and compost all the sticks and limbs, and brambles that need taking care of each time you do yard work.  2c2

Ron Sower

Good evening friends...!

We made it here to Kauai and to our room late last night (Thursday). We slept later today and got a slow start and went around to the Waimea Canyon. Started out about 11am. Got back around 6pm. Enjoyed the trip and think it would be a fun ride on your bike, Dennis. We went through several little towns that have neat little boutique shops with art. Bought 2 photos to go on our "Hawaii Walls" in the game room. I'll try to remember to post pics if I can figure how, or send them to you, Dennis, if you're willing to post for me. I got all excited when the photographer recognized my home town of Roanoke as the Star City of the South.

The pretty roosters were up at the canyon and I thought of you,Liz! I'm glad to learn you're cutting back on the beer. A lot is not healthy. If I get a 12 pack, it'll probably last me 3-4 months. I like one occasionally with a meal. Used to have more and some liquor in that amount of time, but it just doesn't do anything for me much anymore.

Barb, nice family pics! And by the way, we have lots of pollen in the desert and cities around it. Lucy has had more issues with allergies this year than I have. Usually I'm more allergy prone than she is. But still, I don't get the terrible follow up sinus infections that they used to in southwest Virginia.

Guess I better get some sleep. Take care!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

I have it down that today is our head Mugwumper's birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JON🎂🐠🎂🐠

Your soul lives on with each of us.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I took the day off from life except for animal chores, Friday.  The rest of the time I was in the fish room sitting.  There was excitement, though.

I came back in after feeding Charlotte.  I left the door open because her shed is just outside my kitchen door.  The dogs went on a huge bark at the same time, and when I came back inside, there was a possum huddled in a corner of the kitchen between the sink and stove.  Great choice, NOT...I knew that they're nocturnal hunters and figured if I just left the door open when I went to bed it would find its way back outside where it wanted to be.

I managed to make lunch while moving between the stove and the sink.  I got to feeling for the poor little guy.

Then evening came.  All this time, Possum had been hiding and huddling.  The sun went down, and the chickens came in.  I came up from the fish room and saw that Possum had perked up and was looking around.  Suddenly it hit.  It's a nocturnal hunter, Bruster and Chicken Chicken were in bed. Possum is a nocturnal hunter. I got lucky.  It wasn't night time yet, and he was still afraid of me.  I was able to take the broom and push him hp the baseboards and when he saw he was free, he took off.

Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 23, 2024, 01:24:06 PMI have it down that today is our head Mugwumper's birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JON🎂🐠🎂🐠

Your soul lives on with each of us.

Jon's birthday is April 22, the same as Earth Day.  He would have been 79 this year.

Ron Sower

Thanks! Sentiment still holds!!!🤙🏼
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I will miss him forever.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 23, 2024, 02:25:49 AM...
Bought 2 photos to go on our "Hawaii Walls" in the game room. I'll try to remember to post pics if I can figure how, or send them to you, Dennis, if you're willing to post for me.

Not a problem Ron. You have my email address.  |^|