• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:39:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 259
Total: 259

better Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, March 21, 2024, 03:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'm doing better today. Not a lot better, but still better.  I dressed and put make-up on because I got tired of looking like a bum when I go out.  I went to the beer store where I asked the lady who works there to carry out my one 15-pack of beer for me.  I used to nee ad help with 2, but it seems things have changed.  I appreciate their kindness and understanding.  I'm also glad that these days I'm drinking much much less.

My test teeth made of wax should be in soon.  I'll feel much better about being an old lady who can at least smile back at nice people.

At the Dollar store, where I bought extra-strength Tylenol which I ran out of as well as my now main beverage, ginger ale.  At check out, there was a little girl with her mother and grandmother.  She spoke to me and I answered.  I asked Mom and she said that the little girl never spoke to strangers, which made me feel good.  We had a nice little chat.  She told me by hand singles when to move my buggy up more and when to stop.  It was cute.

Now, I've had my afternoon dose of drugs and will be doing a WC soon.

Take care, and be happy friends. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz, glad you feel a bit better today.  Good for you replacing a lot of beer with ginger ale.  I like it too, when I want a soft drink. I used to have just Diet Coke, was badly addicted to it, but now don't even have one a month.  Iced coffee is my new addiction now, but I think that is OK.  Coffee is supposed to be good for us, at least current thoughts are.....

You asked if I made that lavender dress, no I did not.  The one I made didn't look good on me so I actually threw it is the trash, unfinished.  A real waste of time and money.  My daughter helped me find a dress, she saw it online, I went to Belk and bought it.  I must admit it was fun to dress up, I rarely do it.

Sorry you lost those plants to freeze.  It happened here in my city too, people planted tender things too soon, they froze and now the stores get to make even more sales.  I dont plant for other couple weeks or later.  Just too risky.  Still no rain here, but Sat. is to pour all day.  Sure hope so! The pollen is awful since no rain yet to wash it away.
You all have a good evening if you read this,
Barb

BallAquatics

Good evening Liz & Barb. Glad your feeling better Liz. It is a bummer when you get a cold snap and it kills your plants.

No wind today, so I started some yard clean up. I've got some logs I want to mill into boards, but I need to clear the growth around them first.

Got quite a bit done in just a few hours work. Should be able to do a bit more in the morning, but forecast says it's going to rain in the afternoon. I guess it's that time of the year...

Sleep well, see you tomorrow!