• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:14:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 236
Total: 236

Weary Wednesday

Started by BallAquatics, March 20, 2024, 06:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Morning all.  Another ho-hum day here.  I'd like to get outside for some yard work, but it's going to be another chilly & windy day.  Too windy for a fire I'm afraid.  Oh well, tomorrow is looking promising.

It's not like I can't find something to do though!  I'm planning on doing some down-sizing by moving out some extra dishes and other non-needed items about the house.

The garage needs a good clean-out and straitening up before I can get started on some woodworking projects.

I also need to get to AutoZone and pick-up those hinges for the pick-up truck.  I'm not sure how long they like to hold on to on-line orders...

Sounds like I'd better get busy!  Hope you all have a fantastic day ahead.

Ron Sower

Good morning all you Muggers!

I just caught up with the postings I've missed over the past few days. I didn't realize I hadn't posted in several days.

As we get closer to our vacation start day of tomorrow, I've stayed pretty busy tying up a lot of loose ends. Sold off a bunch of tanks of fish and reset them so they'll be ready for when I return and restock. Also doing WCs. Lucy's been locating more small pieces of furniture we've been picking up for her to paint and sell in her booth. We'll both have stuff to keep us busy when we return.

I did get those CW028 Cories from my friend. They're beautiful...full grown. They stick together in a tight group most of the time when they're out. Even laying on top of each other in a corner like clown loaches!

I think I wrote that I got a herd of neons to go in one of my 75g display tanks in our game room. It was a good move. Both 75s sit on the same wall; cardinal tetras in one and the neon in the other. The plants are kinda jungle style right now but I will thin and redistribute them after we get back from Kauai. I'm going to use some dragonstone and aquascape both tanks then. These tanks inspire ppl that come and I haven't even done anything as far as a serious Aquascape goes!

It's interesting how I'm marketing my fish and plants. I'm learning that I can be as busy as I want to be by posting a couple pics of fish or plants that I just got in and mentioning that they're looking good or they're nice and fresh, etc., and 1-4 ppl will message me for details and come to buy. And this is just posting on our SAS Facebook group page. I really don't post on many other groups. But if I did, they would come. Having the LFS guy order weekly and come by to pick up on his way to his store has been a great way for me to increase my purchases and meet my minimum. We've been developing a good relationship as this goes on. Just he and his wife run the store and beautiful. By helping him with handling a lot of his plants for him and he's not having to hire another person at this time. He'd hire me in a minute I think and I would love it, but I just can't be up on my feet all day any more.

On our trip we plan to take a couple whale watching boat trips. This will be our second trip to Kauai. We were there with Lucy's cousins several years ago for a couple days while visiting them In Honolulu. The Waimea Canyon is the "Grand Canyon of Hawaii". Looking forward to seeing it again and some of the most beautiful roosters I've ever seen that roamed the visitor areas. So I'll be thinking of you, Liz when I see them again, and you too, Barb, since your kids have some now!

I think spring has sprung here. Temps in the upper 70s now and may hit low 80s Friday. But 60s next Mon- Wednesday! Yep! Springtime weather for sure!

Well, since I'm still working on loose ends here, I better get moving. I wish you all a happy day.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I've been weary since Monday.  All I did was ship 10 rams to my thousand-dollar guy.  I'd been owing him those fish forever.  Then I went to the beer store in Ellisville, and the supermarket where I rode around on a scooter.  By the time I got home was hurting so bad I skipped WC.

We had a light freeze that night.  I discovered that it melted my tomatoes and my basil. I knew I should cover them up, but I just couldn't handle it physically.

Surely, tomorrow I'll feel better.
Always move forward. Never look back.