• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 08:44:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 264
Total: 264

Tuesday hello

Started by Barb, March 19, 2024, 06:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning folks, it is 38 here, after many days of warm weather.  Just hoping all my millions of new tiny green leaves on all my shrubs and trees won't be black when I look.  It has happened the last 2 Springs, was hoping not this year.  It is a tenuous time of year for plants.  No rain yet, everything is yellow out there from pine pollen.  Do you all have it too?  Probably not Ron though.  Soon I need to clean my pond filter, a big, hard and dirty job.  I need to get Mike Rowe to come do it, haha.  Dennis I will try again with my phone, sending pics to your email.  One will be a group wedding pic, and the other will be a gigantic discus tank at Florida Aquarium in Tampa last week.  Best aquarium I have ever been too, makes the one where I work once a month look like a hole in the wall place. Have a good day you all.
Barb

BallAquatics

Thank you for sharing your trip with us Barb.  Your photos are lovely.

Our trees and shrubs are doing the same here.  All my lilac bushes have buds, at least it is too early for the flowers to be damaged as they have yet to start forming.

Cold and windy here today.  Looks like a good day to work inside.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Barb

Thanks Dennis, I had put the wrong email before, added one too many letters.  The wedding pic, left to right, my son Jon, his new wife Ali, her mom, her gramma, me, her dad, her soon to be sister in law from Haiti, her brother.  The discus tank was about 500 gal or more, the freshwater sting ray was so beautiful, about 12" diameter.  The Florida Aquarium is worth a visit to Tampa just to see it, $40 to get in, worth every penny.  Will be going back.
Barb

wsantia1

Barb, glad to hear that you had great trip to Florida after you got through all that rain. You have a great looking family and that Discus tank is a beauty. What size is that tank?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Thanks Willie, I estimated that tank to be 500 gal, minimum.  It was about 8-10 feet tall!  Most of the discus were healthy, but several were black.

LizStreithorst

I've never seen Discus that look healthy in a public aquarium.  Smart on them for having so many PBs.  They can't get dark.

Barb, is the dress you are wearing the dress you made all by yourself? 
Always move forward. Never look back.