• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:07:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,316
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 224
Total: 225

A Foggy Friday

Started by BallAquatics, March 15, 2024, 07:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Foggy and 46 °F here this morning.  A massive storm passed through just north of me last night.  It looked absolutely fearsome on radar.

Of course the news crews where hot after it and many areas were simply destroyed.  We were extremely lucky in that we got very little wind or rain for being just miles south of the storm.

Had good luck also with the lawn mower retrieval job.  Got to Dayton loaded up and back home in between two heavy storms.  My little old, 1999, Chevy S-10 doesn't particularly like pulling a loaded trailer down the interstate.  ???

Nothing planned for today except a quick trip to the market to get some fixins for a big pot of chili.  Temps dropping most of the weekend, but going back up next week.

That's it for me, have a fantastic day, be safe, and have fun!

LizStreithorst

It was foggy in the morning here, too, Dennis.  But the weather forecast changed and the rain didn't come in later than they said.  I never trust the forecast from the night before because generally, it has changed.

The storm close to you is all over national news.  It was a big bad one.  These disasters always hurt the poorest residents the most, the they're terrible for everyone.

I was able to get my dishes washed and yogurt cooking then headed to the feed store.  By the time I got home it had started raining.  After I dragged a sack of dog food and a sack of horse feed in, it was coming down in buckets.  It kept at it until an hour ago.  It will be interesting to see if all the water will have been drawn down to the soil by morning.  I feel we're close to being over last year's historic drought. 

All I did other than that was watch muse to myself, watch fish and listen to the radio. 

Always move forward. Never look back.