• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 04:16:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 238
Total: 240

Happy Pi day

Started by LizStreithorst, March 14, 2024, 09:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good Thursday morning, friends.  Anyone here baking a pie to celebrate the day?  Not me.  I'm not a pie fan.  Too much "bread" in it for me. 

My wish today was to play in the garden, but it's feed store day.  Charlotte needs horse feed and the dogs need a 50 lb. sack of dog food.  Doing one thing a day is all I can manage anymore.  The garden will have to wait until tomorrow.

I'll pop in later to see what y'all get into.  If anything interesting happens to me, I'll let you know.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Howdy Liz. Slow day here.  Got in a short, (57 mile), ride this morning.  Rain moving in this afternoon.  Hope it hold off a bit as I told a friend I'd take the trailer and pick up a riding lawn mower in Dayton this afternoon.

I'm hoping to start planting some garden seeds tomorrow.  Also thinking about building a cold frame using some glass doors I saved from an old china cabinet.

Hope everyone has a great day!

LizStreithorst

Howdy back at 'ya, Dennis.

Who knew?  The feed store closed at noon.  But I picked up a half gallon of milk to make yogurt with, a couple of meaty ham hocks, as well as one of my great sins, Blue Bell ice cream.  One gallon of Home Made Vanilla, and a pint of Mocha Carmel Fudge.  I'll be sinning for a while...

Lunch will be a braised ham hock with baby limas.  The supermarket in Seminary has the meatiest ham hocks I've seen anywhere.  I've never made or been served ham hocks as a main dish so this will be fun.  It'll take 3 to 4 hrs to cook, though, so I'll get it started, to an early WC, and may be take a bath while it's cooking.  My meal of the day will be more of a late supper than lunch or dinner.
I'll have to get off early tomorrow because we have some serious rain coming in later.  I don't mind the rain, but both of my headlights are out and I haven't bought new ones because I'm in the process of digging myself out of a financial hole.  I don't drive at night and do my best to avoid driving when it's raining because the law here is that if your windshield wipers are on.  It's just country roads to Seminary so I doubt I'll get stopped.  Still, I hate breaking a sensible law.

Charlotte has enough food to get by through breakfast so she won't be angry with me.  The dogs will.  They'll be out of dog food by nighttime.  Oh well, nobody will starve.

How was that for a long post about nothing?  I'd better get cooking, now.

I'll have
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz, Dennis and everyone. It is a warm 75 degrees here which is what I would call a beautiful day. The only problem is that I found out that 75 degrees is now too hot for poor Kobe. I'll have to do a work around if he is going to make it through the summer. He was fine during our morning walk when we had normal March morning temps (50F) and hopefully this evening when the temps drop into the 60s he will be able to walk long enough to do his business.

I was out most of the morning picking up dog food and getting some flooring samples from the flooring wholesaler. They gave me a good assortment of samples and I have one I really like but it is also the most expensive. I have a strict budget for this renovation so hopefully my installer comes in with a good price for the install. I have been saving up for this project for a while and I have to get it done now because the prices for the materials and installation are going to continue to go up.

Everything is fine with the fish and I'm getting ready to go do the water changes in a little while.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 14, 2024, 02:35:50 PMHowdy back at 'ya, Dennis.

How was that for a long post about nothing?

You are adorable Liz.  ;D