• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:35:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,316
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 234
Total: 234

Are we circling the drain here?

Started by BallAquatics, March 13, 2024, 04:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Are we coming to the end of Mugwumps?  We are down to just 5 of us now and posts seem to have dropped off dramatically.

Thanks for all the responses about me leaving my part-time job.  I've decided to leave and maybe pick-up some part-time computer work this fall.  I'm sure Jeff, that's my boss, would give me a raise, but in the corporate world, he doesn't control that.  Money isn't the issue anyway.

Our weather here has been fantastic for this time of the year.  I'm amazed at folks our age who still deny climate change.  Even my children talk about how mush different our weather is now.

At any rate, I'm loving our new warmer and earlier spring weather.  I've got big plans for my new found freedom and plan on spending much more time outside this year.  More rides, more garden, more wildflowers, and I might even get started on the green house.

Forecast is calling for near 70 degree temps today and I've got a day out on the motorbike planned.  No particular destination.  A deserted twisty Ohio back road sounds perfect.

Hope you all have a fantastic day and everyone is feeling good!

Ron Sower

Hi Dennis!

I've been wondering myself about the drain circling.  I've even mentioned it to Lucy. Like you, I've found something in retirement that I love doing, and many days it just plain exhausts me and I don't feel like posting anything. Yesterday, while Lucy and I were out on the carport working on our projects, a friend came up and commented that we were always busy and on the go. He asked what our idea of retirement is. I said, "It's being able to do the things you love when you want to, and this is what we love doing". You are doing that too. Keep riding!!!

I do like us being on here together. I feel a connection to the 4 of you that I don't feel elsewhere. So it's an interesting relationship. Our forum has definitely morphed since the loss of our beloved Jon. He spent most of his day writing about any number of topics which sparked conversations galore!

The thing I've noticed is that we tend to chat a lot about our ailments that come with age. I guess it's only natural in our age group. But I'm sure it's not interesting to others that were formerly active here.

Climate change? Deniers are idiots! It's been going on since the earth was formed. We're not gonna stop it whether we totally erase our carbon footprint or not. Just my opinion based on education and experiences.

Anyway, that's what I have to say😁.  That, and, good morning to ya!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Hi Ron.  I think you nailed it!  Now that I'm not working, I'm going to try and make an effort to post here daily.  It won't be about fish, but I'll try to keep you all up-to-date with goings on.

Stopped by work to let Jeff know that I wasn't coming back and he go teary eyed and said he was afraid I was going to say that. We had a good talk and I left on good terms.  I'll probably swing by there in a few weeks to say goodbye to the team.  Some days getting old is hard emotionally.   :(

LizStreithorst

I feel that it's all my fault because I will go a long time between posts.  I will try hard to find something to say.

I think I told y'all that my neighbor gave me a rooster.  She had too many, and this one was her least favorite because he attacked her.  I put Brooster in the chicken house with Chicken Chicken.  She was used to her freedom and flew the coop. 2 days later Brooster flew the coop as well.  I guess he couldn't stand being away from his beloved.  He likes being free, too.  Chicken Chicken still sleeps inside on her sofa in the living room.  Brooster tried to come inside with her but I've managed to train him that when Chicken Chicken comes to bed inside, he goes to his house to sleep.  He's out and about as soon as the automatic door opens, cock-a doodle do'ing nonstop until Chicken Chicken, who enjoys sleeping in, joins him.

The weather is wonderful here.  It's shorts and T-shirt weather.  The last frost is generally at the end of March, but I believe (hope) that we will not have another freeze.  My Blueberry bush is covered in flowers which themselves are covered with bees.  I have 'maters, 'taters, several types of onions, and several herbs planted and doing well.  Except I found one section of a potato in a dog bed.  I'll re-plant it tomorrow.  They found out that it didn't taste good and the sprout is still intact.

I went to the fish store today with some plecos and Mystery snails and left with enough money to keep me in beer for the month.  I found gas for $2.87 and filled up.  How much is gas where y'all live?  It's over $3.00 at many places around here.

Dennis, I agree with you when it comes to climate change. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 13, 2024, 03:02:48 PMI found gas for $2.87 and filled up.  How much is gas where y'all live?  It's over $3.00 at many places around here.

Liz, when I filled up the bike today, it was $3.18.  It fluctuates wildly here from $2.50 to $3.50 on a whim.

On a side note:  I had been having problems with my Sunoco card so I ordered a new one.  It has been working great, but when I filled up today it was giving me fits.  So I took it inside and asked the attendant to give me $20 on #3.  He looked at the card and laughed.  He said this is now a Marathon station!  :P

Ron Sower

Costco nearest me has regular at 3.399.  A few weeks ago it was below 3.00.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ghonk

Well i'm not dead yet.
But have been very busy researching moving to Canada,Thailand or the  Philippines which i may be doing after this upcoming November.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon