• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 01:31:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 236
Total: 236

Happy Sat. Patrick's Day and Happy Daylight Saving Time

Started by wsantia1, March 10, 2024, 10:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully all is well with you. After a couple of days of mostly all rainfall we are back to drying out this morning. We do need a break from the rain because we are getting dangerously close to flood stage in this little town. We are now well ahead of schedule when it come to "Spring Rainfall Measurements". I also notice that the weeds are also ahead of the spring schedule.

After the water change I will be making a small corn beef flat cut for myself. I can't give Kobe anything because on top of everything going on with him he also has a sensitive stomach. huh I'll just have to lock him up when I get ready to eat.

As for my flooring project, I am currently looking for someone to install the flooring. The price "Lumber Liquidators" wanted to charge me after all of the extra stuff that they added in to the cost was more than the flooring itself. I think it went from a good deal to a ripoff.

I have a couple of calls out to some people I know that do flooring and hopefully someone will take the job for what I am willing to pay.

Ironically the guy that they sent over to do the measurements told me that they would jack the installation price up like that and volunteered to get someone to do it for me cheaper but I don't like to do side deals like that.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll peek in a little later to see what you all are up to.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi folks!

It's crazy here! Lucy's booth is picking up speed and mine is dribbling along.🤣 I looks like ppl like the furniture she's buying and painting better than the other stuff. And with the SAS meeting & auction last week, the kili club meeting & auction last night, and buyers coming by here at an average of 2/day, I have been crazy busy!

Today though, I haven't scheduled anyone to come by. And I'm taking Miss Lucy to dinner at our favorite steakhouse.

I haven't been interested in buying fish to breed, but last night I bought 5 orange australe kilis because they are easy to breed and I frequently have ppl ask me for kilis and when I do have these they sell easily. So I'll set up a couple tanks with moss, plop them in one of them for a couple weeks, then move them to the next one and let the eggs hatch.

Temperature here is gradually moving upward.  77 today and tomorrow. Wonderful temps!

I guess Barb is in Florida. Willie, did you get yesterday mixed up with st. Pattys day, or did I mis something? Liz! What's cooking in your neck of the woods? Dennis, where are you riding these days?

Everyone have a good day whatever you're doing!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron