• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 04:04:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 232
Total: 233

Sunny Thursday

Started by wsantia1, January 11, 2024, 07:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. I got back from NYC yesterday after spending 2 wonderful days with my granddaughter and her beautiful new daughter. She arrived on Saturday about 5 weeks premature so she is in the NICU until she meets the benchmarks needed for discharge. So far she is doing well so hopefully she will be home with her mother sometime next week.

I was pretty tired when I got home so after picking up Kobe from the kennel and feeding the fish I took a great nap. When I woke up I did some water changes and went back to bed. Today I will definitely be hitting the fishroom hard.

Barb, that storm hit us hard but there was no damage to my house or backyard except for my patio umbrella that had it's metal pole bent in half. Luckily it didn't turn into a projectile because it is connected to a heavy base that has a rusted nut holding it in place. I'll have to use some WD-40 to take it apart. 

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie!

I'm glad you had a good trip to NYC and that your great granddaughter is progressing well. Have they named her yet? Congratulations are in order! 🍼

Like you, I'll be spending fishroom time again today. I may need a nap too because I couldn't get to sleep until after 2am.😩 I have a large box of plants due in this morning. That takes a while to sort and process.

It's cloudy and grey and 45 degrees now. Chance of showers and 54 high temp is forecasted. It reminds me so much of the Seattle area.

Umm! My latte is good this morning! This coffee is probably not good for me, but I sure enjoy the way Miss Lucy makes it. I've not been doing my cardio workouts regularly which is not a good thing. So, this morning I'm going to see if I can hit it daily at 9AM or 9:30AM.

How are you doing, Barb and Liz? Dennis? Greg? Missing you here today. Barb, I was pleased to read that your frog was still there. Now you still need to give us a turtle report!

Liz, I'm figuring you're dealing with pain because you did all that work cleaning and we haven't seen you here since. Keep us posted.

I think I mentioned I'm going to put a shoal of about 40-50 cardinal tetras in one of my 75s in the game room. They've been ordered and should be in and thru quarantine by the end of the month. The tank they're going in is chock full of Amazon swords that I've been growing out mainly for sale. I'll remove the less colorful rainbows that are in it now.

The other 75 has a giant Amazon that I'm selling today or tomorrow in an attempt to thin that planted tank too.  The sword has another one in its shadow that should take off then. This is the tank that has the "Peruvian Altums" and Coral Red Pencils in it. Also a group of cherry barb's that shoal with the pencils.

What new aquarium things are you guys up to?

Have yourselves a good day, friends.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron, thanks. The baby's name is Isabella Patton but for now I'm calling her "Peanut".
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi guys!  Beautiful name for your great grand daughter Willie!  Ron, could you take and show us some pictures of your tanks?  They sound so beautiful, especially with all those plants I can only dream of.  My little turtle is still in my pond, I hope. I saw it twice last summer, so hope it is still in there.  Hibernating in amongst all the many rocks and big inpond filters.  Only a little Parrot Feather around the edge of one end of the pond.  Not enough to be in I think.  You all have a good eve!
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on January 11, 2024, 04:51:17 PMHi guys!  Beautiful name for your great grand daughter Willie!  Ron, could you take and show us some pictures of your tanks?  They sound so beautiful, especially with all those plants I can only dream of.  My little turtle is still in my pond, I hope. I saw it twice last summer, so hope it is still in there.  Hibernating in amongst all the many rocks and big inpond filters.  Only a little Parrot Feather around the edge of one end of the pond.  Not enough to be in I think.  You all have a good eve!
Barb
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 11, 2024, 02:26:00 PMRon, thanks. The baby's name is Isabella Patton but for now I'm calling her "Peanut".
peanut is the nickname our daughter gave our granddaughter. I called her Binky or Binx.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on January 11, 2024, 04:51:17 PMHi guys!  Beautiful name for your great grand daughter Willie!  Ron, could you take and show us some pictures of your tanks?  They sound so beautiful, especially with all those plants I can only dream of.  My little turtle is still in my pond, I hope. I saw it twice last summer, so hope it is still in there.  Hibernating in amongst all the many rocks and big inpond filters.  Only a little Parrot Feather around the edge of one end of the pond.  Not enough to be in I think.  You all have a good eve!
Barb
I can try. I haven't had success posting pics on here lately.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron